Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 36

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It's sort of a snide attitude. The world made me this way, but I know better. I don't know how immoral I find it, but I find it offensive and dishonest.
    BAM! You said it, Rich.

(BTW, I've always loved your handle)
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Plants are life also, trying the best they can to protect themselves against the herbivorous vegans that want to eat them! Nobody, except me, talks about that the plants qua life should have rights too…
    It sounds funny, but it's why wheat and legumes have phytic acid. They're trying to protect themselves from....well, US!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I don't have time to read through all of the posts on this thread, but did the OP go back to eating grains?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I don't have time to read through all of the posts on this thread, but did the OP go back to eating grains?
    OP drops in on various threads now encouraging people to eat grains and give up meat.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    OP drops in on various threads now encouraging people to eat grains and give up meat.
    Urgh.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Where? I haven't seen it, just that the OP recommends humanely raised organic meat products.
    nihil

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It's sort of a snide attitude. The world made me this way, but I know better. I don't know how immoral I find it, but I find it offensive and dishonest.
    But that's what we do too. "The government and all leading health authorities say to eat whole grains and avoid saturated fat, but I know better." Or are you saying that if you keep these thoughts to yourself, then it's OK to think them?
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    But that's what we do too. "The government and all leading health authorities say to eat whole grains and avoid saturated fat, but I know better." Or are you saying that if you keep these thoughts to yourself, then it's OK to think them?
    How is disagreeing with a conventional wisdom/so-called authority analagous to denying our nature? I don't see the connection at all.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Wow, this was an interesting thread until about page 13 when some morons started arguing about primal rape as an example, and then more arguing over validity/legitimacy of blah blah blah. So much ego, so very boring. Please someone tell me I don't have to wade through 20 pages of that nonsense?

It was a stupid analogy fwiw

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I disagree entirely. Here are some points I thought of in rebuttal. Be aware that it's meant to come off as calm and respectful, not angrily:

Firstly, by eating animals, I am not saying I am superior to them. In fact I am a nihilist, and I don't recognize any objective moral superiority from one group of molecules (e.g. humans) to another (e.g. another animal). Is the lion proclaiming his superiority to the gazelle when he eats it? Is the gorilla doing so to the insects he eats? Are we doing so, to the various organisms we eat, both plant and animal? Not in any way.

And this shunning of a superiority complex is completely contradictory to your own construct of moral superiority, that is that eating plant matter is somehow "better" (or less cruel, to use your word) than eating animals.

Secondly, I agree that grass-fed is better than not, and that dairy should be avoided for some. But your fear of the evils of the meat industry are not balanced. The fear should be in massive corporations, whether they're selling meat or produce. When they seek greater and greater profits, is when health problems with their product can occur.

Thirdly, pollution is an issue. But it's an issue for both meat and produce. I wonder if the lands used to make even "organic" foods are tainted with previous use of pesticides (some even leaded), of leaded gasoline, and of all the other pollutants I can't even fathom naming. It's an issue that affects the entire food supply.

There's probably some other things I could comment on, but this is the gist.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 03-30-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast