Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 28

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ok... it's just me I guess.
    I would not be able to eat that amount by any means without being sick.
    When I ate oatmeal I always made a 2 serving portion for myself which was 1cup oats and just under 2c water.

I just looked directions for quaker rolled oats... 3c is a 6 serving portion(1/2 servings so it should be 3c even after cooked) and requires 5 3/4c water.
    That's a lot of food by my standards... there is no way that ends up just a little bit.
    I always found cereal amounts nutso.

Like, when I was a kid, a "serving" of cheerios (the cereal) was something like 1/4 cup. Which was like, 9 "o's." lol. On average, I would eat at least 4 servings in a sitting, and possibly double that besides.

My ILs measure their cereal out by the serving, and eat the smallest amounts of food. They ahve all kinds of health problems, too -- they eat low fat, CW, and about 1800 calories per day (or less). It's sad really.

So, when being grainy (rather than meaty), i needed to eat more volume -- and it wasn't painful for me to eat that if I wanted.

But again, my preference was for fruit/veggies. I much prefer them. Feel lighter.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Hey bloodorchid!

Yo cori!

Just chillin. Ya know.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    yeah that's cool, me too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So what?
    So grams of vegetarian protein do not equate to grams of animal protein. Thought it was obvious...

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Technically, there is no such thing as a true vegan.

I do feel because humans are so adaptive that there are certain points in time where any set or form of eating lifestyle can and should be appropriate.

I also feel people need to find their own way sometimes, to discover for themselves and to learn more about themselves....only then can real truth be experienced.

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    This was an interesting thread to read, for the most part.

I used to be veggie when I was in my teens, for reasons of animal cruelty. I'm not now, but I have given up dairy, partly because it's full of hormones and rubbish, partly because it doesn't agree with me (Crohns disease and a side helping of coeliac and lactose intolerance) and partly also because I think dairy cows have a very poor life indeed.

I am definitely veering towards the buy/eat less meat but buy good quality well reared stuff. I'd rather breed an animal for meat and it have a good comfortable life (ie no stalls, crates, being fed food it wouldn't naturally eat, or being pumped full of hormones) and a clean quick humane death than I would breed an animal for milk - I agree it's not natural for an animal to be constantly pregnant, and we are the only species to drink the milk of another species after weaning - that's gotta be a little weird?

I don't think I could be vegan though because I cannot tolerate legumes at all. I do eat some organic tofu, and occasionally I use gluten free soy sauce, but that's all I can do in terms of legumes thanks to a screwed up gut.

We're really the only species who has harnessed the how of getting to drink other species milk. But i also know that a lot of animals go nutso over dairy if they can get ahold of it. Cats and dogs are pretty notable (because msot of us have seen our pets go for it).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Trust me, that milk is hard won. We don't just give it away to random men who might think it's nice, and your over-sexualization of our feeding process for our children is kind of yucky.
    It wasn't meant to be sexual
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

yeah, well, you could have put it differently, hey?

When adults suckle at breast, it's sexual in nature. When babies, it's about nutrition. Adults tend to get milk from pumped sources. So. . . yeah. Seems pretty obvious even if it wasn't "meant" that way.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I suppose so, yeah
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast