Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 27

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i don't do shots of liquor these days

and i haven't had a shot since a nice lady meanly dug a needle in my vein

naw, you guys got your replies in before i did. it was referring to joanie's bottom quote about mushrooms being cooked in vegetable oil

the thought made me cry

i miss alcohol
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Primal Moose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    I don't feel like I'm contributing to Big Agra all that much. I don't eat corn, soy, wheat, sugar... I would agree that no one gets off scott-free when it comes to causing suffering, but that doesn't lead me to "why even try to reduce my impact?"
    Big agra isn't just soy and wheat and corn.

Like I said earlier. Go to a tomato field and walk behind a harvester. I probably eat one cow worth of steak a year. In that tomato field, there will be tons of dead, and wasted, rabbits, mice, snakes, and etc. Someone else pointed out earlier the difference in the lifespans of the migrant farm worker vs the average American. Hell, even when large fields are prepared for agriculture, animals are killed and their homes destroyed.

Unless you grow all your own food in your backyard or get everything from very small operations, your drenched in blood and a hypocrite. There is nothing wrong with trying to reduce your impact. But going vegan is an absolutely moronic way to do it. I still eat meat and eggs. All from a ranch with nothing but free range animals that eat their natural diets or that I harvested myself with a rifle or shotgun. All my produce comes from my balcony or very small family farms that come to the farmers market. I'm not rich. After rent and utilities (including cell phone), I have $400 a month towards food, gym, savings, and fun money.

Reducing your footprint and eating ethically can be done in ways much more ecologically and environmentally friendly than going vegan and patting yourself on the back, ignoring the damage your massly farmed lettuce and oranges do...and very affordably if you actually try and choose your priorities.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't do shots of liquor these days

and i haven't had a shot since a nice lady meanly dug a needle in my vein

naw, you guys got your replies in before i did. it was referring to joanie's bottom quote about mushrooms being cooked in vegetable oil

the thought made me cry

i miss alcohol
    Ahh, my poor, sweet, delicate orchid... I was joshin you girlie.

Veg oil is teh nasty!
    Get some butter on those shrooms and treat them proper... or some bacon fat you know. *nods*

I miss alcohol too.
    The brain doesn't cotton to it so well you know... stoopid brain.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    To make that more primal, I think olive oil could replace the veggie oil, even though I think olives are fruit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    ssshhhh.... I think bacon is a gateway food - You evil corrupter!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ahh, my poor, sweet, delicate orchid... I was joshin you girlie.

Veg oil is teh nasty!
    Get some butter on those shrooms and treat them proper... or some bacon fat you know. *nods*

I miss alcohol too.
    The brain doesn't cotton to it so well you know... stoopid brain.
    delicate? moi?

i'm trying to look out for my liver

i hear they regenerate tissue tho...

but i guesssssss alcohol is not a healthy mental relaxation coping device anyways

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    To make that more primal, I think olive oil could replace the veggie oil, even though I think olives are fruit.
    via a roundabout thought train, this reminds me i have mushrooms. god my memory is terrible
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I love how threads like this become a place to just drop in and shoot the shit.....

When OP gives you lemons kinda thing I guess

hey neckhammer!

sup?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Every thread is a good place to discuss the deliciousness of mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat.

Fo sho!

*waves at Neckhammer*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Am I on crazy pills? Since when are oats paleo? (Genuinely asking. Didn't know they were on the "good" list.)
    Well, technically, not paleo -- but Mark puts them in the "potentially primal, not the best" list. He says he'd rather eat something else, but if you feel the need/hankering, then you know, eat oatmeal.

Since going primal, I've had oatmeal several times -- largely because of travel. It's easy to carry a dry packet of oatmeal or three to cover any needs should I be out. Since i usually travel and teach -- I do need to eat, even if it's only 500 calories during that day. So, I'll use oatmeal in that process.

But, it's not my preference. Eggs and apples are my first choices.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast