Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 24

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Puh-lease... you want to talk about foot prints... how about Big-Agra's foot prints in waste, emissions, poisons, animal deaths(combines, chemicals, etc.), market controls...

Nobody, including the vegans, no matter how much they want to wish otherwise... is getting off scott free.

And dairy wasn't so disgusting when you were an infant was it?
    The fact that adults find dairy disgusting is the product of ridiculous moralizing, not logic.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    So if humans are superior to animals, are some humans superior to other humans?

Either define superior in absolute objective terms or forget even going this route. There is no superiority is the default truth.

You all can afford to eat only high-quality animal products, but not everyone can. How does that make you feel?

Grateful that I can, but I'm not swimming in my money pit with Scrooge McDuck .....we all got priorities.

When I ate a lot of expensive, organic animal products, I felt like I should hang my head in shame when I left the house. It wasn't a good feeling, and it stemmed from an emotional place, not a physical one.

Yeah, you got some self esteem and general self hate going on perhaps because you don't think you deserve the things you have.

My answers to your questions in bold. The rest of your stuff is pretty silly and I think the folly of those statements have been thoroughly addressed.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-28-2013 at 04:06 PM.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    "Deserve"...what an interesting word...

As to Cori, when I was an infant, I drank breastmilk, not cow's milk. As a kid, my mom made me drink cow's milk and yes, it was disgusting. I don't feel like I'm contributing to Big Agra all that much. I don't eat corn, soy, wheat, sugar... I would agree that no one gets off scott-free when it comes to causing suffering, but that doesn't lead me to "why even try to reduce my impact?"

If anything, the fact that some adults don't at all question drinking another species' milk is the product of good brainwashing by the National Dairy Council. Got Milk?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    "Deserve"...what an interesting word...

As to Cori, when I was an infant, I drank breastmilk, not cow's milk. As a kid, my mom made me drink cow's milk and yes, it was disgusting. I don't feel like I'm contributing to Big Agra all that much. I don't eat corn, soy, wheat, sugar... I would agree that no one gets off scott-free when it comes to causing suffering, but that doesn't lead me to "why even try to reduce my impact?"
    Do your thing then. I don't see what your arguing? You can obviously see that veganism causes either directly or indirectly as much harm as not being vegan. If you wanna really ease your mind then only eat what you can sow and harvest for yourself....including animals. Thats right, become self sufficient and earn that bacon fo realz

I can ever recommend some good books on off the grid living. Nobody is making you live the life your in.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Resources aren't endless, they still have to be shifted to accommodate you. You're putting someone else out regardless of how you try to rationalize it. It's just how this fucked up world goes.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Plants can be good company. They just sit there quietly and soak up the sun, and they are pretty and often smell good. But, I need to have another heart like mine beating in the house, so I brought in some cats and gave them dominion over my home.
    Heh, have a hubby and a kiddo... that's seem to be enough animal life for our plot of suburban land.

Nah, humans are not superior to animals, we are animals, and animals that eat other animals and plants, just like other animals. Worms will eat us in the end.

I feel proud that I buy produce from the local farmers who raise animals in the traditional way, not ashamed. If they are not supported, big commercial lots win. I also donate money to help those who can't afford food, and drop an item or two - good quality item - into the food bank basket almost every time I shop. I love dairy. All food comes from other species, unless you engage into cannibalism. Eat beans and rice once in a while as well. Grow my own beans an peas in fact... and other eadibles.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Dairy is scary... Cow's milk is so different in composition than human milk... It's to make baby calves grow HUGE, FAST. Human milk is 40:60 casein to whey ratio, cow's milk 80:20... read up on casein, it might scare you...

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    So drink goats milk. It's much closer to human milk.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Why drink any milk?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    So if humans are superior to animals, are some humans superior to other humans?
    No offense, but you're kind of acting as if you think veganism is superior to omnivorism, which would mean you were superior to meat eaters.
    -----------------------------

As a note, throughout this thread, I've used the word superior when referencing humans' place to animals. In general, I (and I can only speak for myself) am using that in a brain capacity way. For eg., there are probably no lions and gazelles right now disputing the meaning of superior. If that lion catches and eats the gazelle, game, set, match - the lion wins. If the gazelle gets away that day, it lives to forage for plants, procreate, and one day become food for a predator (though I suppose some must die of old age, at which point they'd be eaten by scavengers).

I also think we're superior to other primates. But I'd never eat one (unless literally starving) because it has been demonstrated to me (not told to me by one guru) that some apes have the cognitive ability, based on how we currently measure it, of a five year old. And of course I wouldn't eat a five year old.

If you (generic you, not any one person here) look to nature as your guide (ignoring of course what our teeth tell us we naturally eat), you'll find (for eg.) that animals with hooves feed predators. We are predators. We are intellectually superior. If not, then the next time you need dental work, go ask a cow to do it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast