Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 20

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We can't have control over all nature because we haven't been able to control weather - and I still don't get why really really large fans... - never mind.

But it must be instinctive in us to control other animals (except house cats, who obviously hold dominion over us). Some human must have been the first one to figure out that having a herd of something was a steadier source of food than hunting. That corralling that almost flightless bird was easier than searching for it or its nest.

So, in that way, we are superior to other animals in that finding nourishment is something we've made less random. I don't think I'm disconnected from the laws of nature, but I do think that animals with language are superior to animals without, animals that use tools are superior to those that don't, and that many animals on the planet are pretty much food for the animals above them in the food chain.

Veganism for health is one thing (even if I disagree that it's healthful), veganism for moral superiority shows a lack of research and a spouting of dogma. Someone is harvesting all those veggies, and they mostly live in poverty, get sick, and die younger than they might have.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Calling names is wrong. I felt it was an insult. I'm sure if someone called you narrow minded you would feel the same way too?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Insulting people can be very hurtful. I stated my opinion, and how I felt. Why is it so hard to respect that? If we all felt the same, acted the same, ate the same, etc, the world would be very boring.

Just because you feel different gives you no right to insult me. That was not nice, and hurt my feelings.

And I'm not narrow minded, I'm a loving person with a big heart. Just because we disagree does not make me narrow minded.

Peace and love
    I was pointing out the fact that you were basing your assessment of human vs. animal on some very interchangeable traits.
    You were either unaware of those things or purposely ignoring the fact that all over the world some species of animals do things that you assign "human" value, and that also humans frequently do things that you assign "animal" value. That is not opinion... those are facts.

If you actually believe that humans are superior to animals because magical religious thinking, just say so.
    That is easy enough to respect...
    Pulling hogwash out of thin air, not so much.

(Re: "namecalling" I said "your assessment ... is narrowminded" Not "YOU are narrow minded" ... words, they have meaning.
    I was trying to say that your comparisons seemed shallow and limited. It was an observation on your position not your person. OK?)
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I was pointing out the fact that you were basing your assessment of human vs. animal on some very interchangeable traits.
    You were either unaware of those things or purposely ignoring the fact that all over the world some species of animals do things that you assign "human" value, and that also humans frequently do things that you assign "animal" value. That is not opinion... those are facts.

If you actually believe that humans are superior to animals because magical religious thinking, just say so.
    That is easy enough to respect...
    Pulling hogwash out of thin air, not so much.

(Yes, I was trying to say that your comparisons were narrow minded. It was an observation on your position not your person.)
    You keep being rude, hope it gets you far in life.

High five.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Superior is relative. Put a man and a tiger in an empty cage and find out who is superior then. It's true that humans are superior at many things but we are near the bottom when it comes to pure physical ability.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    You keep being rude, hope it gets you far in life.

High five.
    Lmao. So she proves you wrong and all you can do is cry about someone being "rude"? You're the rude one. Like she said, you describe human as beds, and showers, and wine, and believing in Jesus, and etc. You realize that by your definition of human, you just called the majority of the human population as sub-human? And since you think humans are above animals, the only logical conclusion is that you feel, because of your bed and shower and religion, that you are superior to the majority of the planet. You're the only one being rude. Narrow-minded, judgmental, and rude.
    Last edited by Primal Moose; 01-28-2013 at 11:02 AM.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    Superior is relative. Put a man and a tiger in an empty cage and find out who is superior then. It's true that humans are superior at many things but we are near the bottom when it comes to pure physical ability.
    And really, in the end, the worms think we all taste the same
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    And really, in the end, the worms think we all taste the same
    like enbalming fluid?

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Calling names is wrong. I felt it was an insult. I'm sure if someone called you narrow minded you would feel the same way too?
    It might hurt my feelings for a second but then I would take a look at my viewpoint because the last thing I want to be is narrow minded.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    like enbalming fluid?
    What? I like my tigers well preserved.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast