Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 19

Stephanie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So, if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood. And therefore... A WITCH!
    La Bruja?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually I get what your trying to say Stephanie. In a sentience capacity and in the realm of the being top of the food chain you are correct....we are "superior" to other animals.

But to define yourself as not an animal is what leads us to many contradictory views in the health field. To suppose that our systems are so vastly different simply due to our "superiority" is what gets us into trouble. I actually think that is the disconnect here.
    Totally right.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member

But to define yourself as not an animal is what leads us to many contradictory views in the health field. To suppose that our systems are so vastly different simply due to our "superiority" is what gets us into trouble. I actually think that is the disconnect here. Not that you don't recognize these things, but in the semantics here.
    The disconnect is precisely what the view that humans are superior and vegans have in common. Both positions believe that humans are out side of the laws of nature, one holds that we can deny our biology and the other that we should have dominion over nature, both are disconnected from nature. The very fact that vegans think we can deny our biology implies that they believe humans are superior to animals since no other animal can or would deny its nature. Vegans are therefor refusing to accept the fact that humans are animals.

I think the vegan perspective is often driven by very sweet and caring motives but the fact remains that they are unwilling to embrace the reality of our species. Humans are not superior, in fact in the web of life we may be one of the most unnecessary creatures.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    The disconnect is precisely what the view that humans are superior and vegans have in common. Both positions believe that humans are out side of the laws of nature, one holds that we can deny our biology and the other that we should have dominion over nature, both are disconnected from nature. The very fact that vegans think we can deny our biology implies that they believe humans are superior to animals since no other animal can or would deny its nature. Vegans are therefor refusing to accept the fact that humans are animals.

I think the vegan perspective is often driven by very sweet and caring motives but the fact remains that they are unwilling to embrace the reality of our species. Humans are not superior, in fact in the web of life we may be one of the most unnecessary creatures.
    I agree with every word of this.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post

I have no problem in defining humans as superior to other animals. I'm still an animal.... but I'm top of the frickin food chain. I'm king kong baby!

Superior is a subjective term though, and unless we present objective parameters for it this sort of argument is a moot point.

So for a homework assignment perhaps we would look at superiority in an evolutionary time sense. Which species has the longest spanning success. Or by numbers. Which species is most vast.

Or you could take the current view optic. Which species most has the capacity to change the world to fit it's own wants and needs right now. Which species has the greatest rate of growth and expansion. Ect.....

Just some ideas, but it could be fun to sit down with your 8th grade science class and answer these questions and others like them

Oh, and actually I agree with your comment. Was just using it for a jumping off point for my little "superiority" subjective/objective experiment.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-28-2013 at 11:25 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Yeah that...

Okay I get the science and biology part. Gosh.

But no I'm not an animal. I don't pee outside, nor do I lick my hoochie for bath time. I don't sniff butts to say hello, or eat grass from a field.

Many humans pee outside for their entire lives... many animals spend their entire lives peeing indoors.
    Some humans actually do lick their own hoochies. These men(sorry, I've simply never seen a woman accomplish this task) do not appear to do so for bath time however...
    Parrots take showes and LOVE them... they are not human. So do elephants. In fact if you count bathing by soaking in water, many animals participate. Some other primates even swim for fun, jumping and diving included.
    Some primates build themselves beds to sleep in each night.

If you wanna be an animal, good for you. I will be a woman, who takes showers, shaves, wears a little makeup, and worships Jesus, and enjoys things like a bed, and a glass of wine, and all the other stuff us humans do.

There are many human women who do not shower, shave, wear make-up or worship Jesus(haven't even heard of the fella, or just choose not to) ... they don't lie in soft beds, don't drink wine, or do many other things that you consider worthy of making you "human" (think about small tribal peoples here, or people who chose not to live like you). So, are they less human and more animal than you because they pee in the out doors and eat insects?

BTW, I'm very stubborn, you will never convince me...

Carnio is that a gun in your profile pic? Just curious.
    Your assessments of the difference is between an animal and "human" is very narrow minded indeed.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I have no problem in defining humans as superior to other animals. I'm still an animal.... but I'm top of the frickin food chain. I'm king kong baby!

Superior is a subjective term though, and unless we present objective parameters for it this sort of argument is a moot point.

So for a homework assignment perhaps we would look at superiority in an evolutionary time sense. Which species has the longest spanning success. Or by numbers. Which species is most vast.

Or you could take the current view optic. Which species most has the capacity to change the world to fit it's own wants and needs right now. Which species has the greatest rate of growth and expansion. Ect.....

Just some ideas, but it could be fun to sit down with your 8th grade science class and answer these questions and others like them

Oh, and actually I agree with your comment. Was just using it for a jumping off point for my little "superiority" subjective/objective experiment.
    Ooh, ooh, what about the one that is working on destroying itself and it's habitat in record time!

Hang on, that might not be a mark of superiority.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Ooh, ooh, what about the one that is working on destroying itself and it's habitat in record time!

Hang on, that might not be a mark of superiority.
    BINGO!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Your assessments of the difference is between an animal and "human" is very narrow minded indeed.
    Insulting people can be very hurtful. I stated my opinion, and how I felt. Why is it so hard to respect that? If we all felt the same, acted the same, ate the same, etc, the world would be very boring.

Just because you feel different gives you no right to insult me. That was not nice, and hurt my feelings.

And I'm not narrow minded, I'm a loving person with a big heart. Just because we disagree does not make me narrow minded.

Peace and love
    Last edited by Stephanie; 01-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Insulting people can be very hurtful. I stated my opinion, and how I felt. Why is it so hard to respect that? If we all felt the same, acted the same, ate the same, etc, the world would be very boring.

Just because you feel different gives you no right to insult me. That was not nice, and hurt my feelings.

Peace and love
    Seems more like an observation than an insult.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast