Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 18

Stephanie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    You may be stubborn......but that doesn't mean you're not an animal, sweetie. Humans fit the biological description even if they don't all do the things you mention.
    And What is that?

We also fit the biological description of poop, being that the same bacteria and organisms that live in a tird also live in us. So are we tirds too?

Stephanie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Can you accept though that animals can feel pain, boredom, companionship etc.?
    I mean, hell, there are plenty of people who pee outside, and a lot of men and women that would love the ability to lick their own genitals as a means to pass time.
    Yes of course. And lol, if that makes them happy...lick away.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I think though, that the attitude that animals are just food are what has led to such inhumane (and unhealthy) methods of producing food. We raise chickens in such bad conditions that they need drugs to survive to slaughter..... We've gotten to "anything goes" in terms of raising meat that we are beginning to produce a poor quality product that also has a very negative impact on the environment.
    I agree, and I think that mental distancing of humans from animals is just as harmful as the complete removal of humans from the food chain propagated by vegans. I also think that anyone who's spent any length of time camping/hiking/doing survivalist adventures in the great outdoors has a very healthy respect and acceptance of human being as animals. We may be smart enough to build ourselves cell phones and wash our hands after we poop, but we're still part of the animal kingdom.

We also fit the biological description of poop, being that the same bacteria and organisms that live in a tird also live in us. So are we tirds too?
    You're joking, right? You can't be serious.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Google "Are humans animals?"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    And What is that?

So, if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood. And therefore... A WITCH!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    There are no "Primal instincts" which lead any omnivore to veganism.... only unassisted human reason could do that (and at the same time create new problems that you must labor to solve). Nothing about veganism is innate to humans. It requires an academic exercise for one to arrive at it. Just one more reason why I don't ignore my instincts <... smells bacon, must investigate....>
    Great apologetic there.

janie is offline Senior Member

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I've known some people that should be described that way . . .

I am an animal, I respect animals, and I also find them delicious. Of course, given the chance, I also pee outside, so I might not be the best example
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Actually I get what your trying to say Stephanie. In a sentience capacity and in the realm of the being top of the food chain you are correct....we are "superior" to other animals.

But to define yourself as not an animal is what leads us to many contradictory views in the health field. To suppose that our systems are so vastly different simply due to our "superiority" is what gets us into trouble. I actually think that is the disconnect here. Not that you don't recognize these things, but in the semantics here.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-28-2013 at 10:32 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually I get what your trying to say Stephanie. In a sentience capacity and in the realm of the being top of the food chain you are correct....we are "superior" to other animals.

But to define yourself as not an animal is what leads us to many contradictory views in the health field. To suppose that our systems are so vastly different simply due to our "superiority" is what gets us into trouble. I actually think that is the disconnect here.
    Agreed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast