Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 15

Stephanie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Humans are not animals lol. We don't walk around sniffing ass and eating our babies, like almost every animal does. We are superior. We r humans duh.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just had to share this:

"The Dalai Lama experimented with vegetarianism once, but after getting jaundice, his doctors advised him to return to eating meat. This became controversial when he visited the White House and was offered a vegetarian menu, he rejected it and replied 'I'm a Tibetan monk, not a vegetarian'.

If eating meat is good enough for the DL, it's good enough for me
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    So in reading this thread, it seems pretty clear that not eating meat is not so much about how your body feels, but how your conscience feels. This seems to be purely emotional- which is fine, for you, I suppose. That's pretty typical of Vegans, I've noticed. A certain perceived moral superiority.

Good luck with that.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Humans are not animals lol. We don't walk around sniffing ass and eating our babies, like almost every animal does. We are superior. We r humans duh.

So, we have the same anatomy and physiology as animals, but we aren't animals.
    And you're telling me "duh".
    OK.
    Maybe it was a magic wand that made us those "superior" "not animals"?

Also, are you aware that while we may not put our noses right in other peoples butts to sniff like dogs do, but we do indeed "smell" them quite frequently, and make decisions and assessments of them based on those smells whether we know we do it or not. Smells also induce us to love other humans... like our children. They exude a pheromone from their faces that makes us release oxytocin in our brains... and is the origin of why we all want to just want to "eat those little cheeks up!". It increases eye contact, bonding, and successful rearing of children... it's an evolutionary trap of a drug basically. What else, the more attractive a person is/more symmetrical their features are the better they smell to the opposite sex... as in "the dude who wore this shirt smelled sexy!"
    Scientifically proven. It's called pheromones. We all have them and we all respond to them.

Science, it's cool.

Ans as far as eating or not eating our offspring... as many species that do it, their are plenty that also don't. No big deal. We don't call Lemurs "not animals" because they don't eat their own offspring. The truth is it's a rare thing for any primate to do it, though they do sometimes cannibalize the infants/young of other primate groups. This is not exactly unheard of among humans though. So that's a wash too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes, we are. We have animal bodies, animal instincts, animal brains, and pretty much every "animal" action that I am capable of imagining as I sit here has its human mirror in regular human behavior, or some human society, either contemporary or historical. But that does not take away one whit from what we are capable of becoming or being as a species. As long as we get off the high moral horse of "superiority".
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    I will bring some live chickens to the OPs house. He can love them & treat them with great ethical care, turning aside when they murder and dismember the rodents, lizards bugs and worms in his backyard. Then he can pick up the eggs they excrete & ignore, and marvel at the cruelty-free nature of his ethically-raised chickens.

I believe that veganism is a result of a)industrialized animal products tasting of the toxic sh*& and misery said animals live in. and b)a total and complete disconnect from the true needs, nature and behavior of the animals that inhabit our world.

Veganism is a reaction, but it is NOT a solution. Joel Salatin and others have the solution, and it's an elegant solution solves more than one problem (animal freedom, species diversity, watershed preservation, pesticide-free, delicious food, topsoil building, carbon storage, etc).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Suddenly- the lightening bolt of understanding hits me!

Yep, there's a reason I generally prefer the company of animals
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I hope this is some kind of sarcasm.... you can respect animals, love them and be a meat eater. You can even make a difference in how they are treated.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This.

'Moralizing' the world does not make humans 'superior' to other animals IMO... in many ways it actually makes them inferior, for a good example of this look no further than any religious/ideology war.
    If you want to see humans treated like cattle look at the militantly atheist regimes of the 20th century _Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, et al.The sheer numbers annihilated in the name of "scientific" marxism beggar the #. Maybe it isn't good to view humans and animals as on the same par.

Stephanie is offline Member
    So now I don't respect animals? Because I said humans are superior to them?

Let's not leave out I drive 15 miles once a week to get my raw, pastured milk from cows that I visit and chat with, and my boys help milk.

Eggs come from another location, I pay 9.00 a carton bcus they are truly free-range and eat bugs and are Happy. The price is worth it, seeing them running wild and happy is awesome.

Chicken, I special order from a tiny farm in the rocky mountains. Again, happy free ckns.

Beef, same thing, super happy cows that live in the mountains and free-range.

I respect animals. I just don't view humans as equal to them. We are the superior beings, imo.

Go ahead, twist my words and make me a mean animal hater again.

Anyway, no bad feelings here, just a little surprised by some of the comments. Th lovely world of cyber chat...hope you week is lovely.

Peace

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast