Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg - i love meat! page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Omg - i love meat!

Primal Fuel
    Today I went to a raw food cafe with a friend who's a raw food vegan. The last time I saw him I had left veganism but was still vegetarian.

He knew I had gone back to the dark side but he's open minded about it (like I was) and so we talked abut how everyone does what they can for the planet (he kept his mouth shut), how probably everyone's proteins requirements are different, and how he said he gets his protein from spinach (I kept my mouth shut). We got juices and raw chocolate. Yum.

Still though - I came home and destroyed 250gs minced lamb cooked in coconut oil, tomato and lemon juices, black pepper, topped with full fat natural yogurt, on top of a baked white potato. Oh for the love of god, why was I vegetarian for 8 years????!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Gotta admit..I totally thought of something else for a second when I saw the title of this thread. Haha
    I just couldn't imagine living without it. The meat in my diet, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Gotta admit..I totally thought of something else for a second when I saw the title of this thread. Haha
    I just couldn't imagine living without it. The meat in my diet, that is.
    LOL. It occurred to me as I was writing the subject but I didn't think this was the place to mince (words)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I was a vegetarian for a long time too- gotta admit, I love meat. The funny thing is watching my husband (another vegetarian) grow to love meat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    My sister is a vegetarian... I honestly don't know how she can stand it. And the faux meat made out of gluten and soy that she eats makes me cringe.

meggan is offline Member
    When I was 6 or 7 I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian. I remember being disgusted when I realized that cows, dogs and humans are all living creatures and in my mind killing a cow was like killing a pet or a person.

That night we had carne asada and I never went back to my crazy vegetarian ways.

I am amazed that no one has jumped on this:

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    how he said he gets his protein from spinach (I kept my mouth shut).
    wtf?! ALthough when I was veggie I was sure that I was getting enough protein from lentils.

Ostrich.
    Roast Lamb.
    T-bone steak.
    Spaghetti bolongaise.

I <3 meat

Quote Originally Posted by meggan View Post
    That night we had carne asada and I never went back to my crazy vegetarian ways.
    Carne asada - a little taste of heaven!

- Ray Peat

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I honestly don't know how she can stand it. And the faux meat made out of gluten and soy that she eats makes me cringe.
    "I miss veggie burgers, tofu, seitan and TVP" said no vegetarian that started eating meat again, ever.

God.... no. Never again. I will be honest- I crave bread, sweets, pizza, junk food, hell, even shit like Jolly Ranchers on occasion. But I have never since starting eating meat again over a year ever wanted another bite of fake meat. Or soy. The PB ban on soy actually makes me happy...like if they banned paying taxes. I will never have to pretend a chunk of tofu is a stand in for meat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well, garden burgers were always quite tasty.

I love meat, too, but I also love those vegan desserts they come up with. I've had some damn good fake strawberry and raspberry cheesecake where the filling is largely made of coconut butter.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was never vegetarian, but just CW mini portions of lean meat. DH thinks he has died and gone to heaven because meat is the centerpiece of every meal now. He doesn't even miss the grainy side dishes.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast