Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gut pathogen issues page 2

lolo66 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the advice serenity! I do make my own sauerkraut but have been unable to eat it as cabbage irritates my gut. I have seen people making fermented carrots so I will try that. Probiotics are so expensive so if I can get the same bacteria from homemade veg, i'd much rather do that.

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

lolo66 is offline Member
    I'm pretty much already doing a GAPS diet, except that i'm eating more starchy based veg as that's the only veg that's left after taking out FODMAP veg.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

Zach is offline Banned
    Well my advice will be against the grain of everyone here but if sugar (not starch) does not cause you discomfort then i suggest you completely overhaul your diet. Center it around fresh ripe (spotted yellow bananas) fruit, fruit veggies, coconut and use animal products sparingly. I would drop almost all fat except a bit from egg yolks, coconut, avocado and some from red meat/fish/seafood several times a week.

Stay away from pork, fowl, starch, grains, dairy (unless you can handle it then maybe some yogart/cheese) and added fats.

Im sure you will ignore this advice but i would bet that following it would not only alleviate your digestion issues but also adrenal fatigue, candida, any sleeping problems and inflammation.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Well my advice will be against the grain of everyone here but if sugar (not starch) does not cause you discomfort then i suggest you completely overhaul your diet. Center it around fresh ripe (spotted yellow bananas) fruit, fruit veggies, coconut and use animal products sparingly. I would drop almost all fat except a bit from egg yolks, coconut, avocado and some from red meat/fish/seafood several times a week.

Stay away from pork, fowl, starch, grains, dairy (unless you can handle it then maybe some yogart/cheese) and added fats.

Im sure you will ignore this advice but i would bet that following it would not only alleviate your digestion issues but also adrenal fatigue, candida, any sleeping problems and inflammation.
    Really this isn't so far off from the GAPS or SCD protocol Zach. Monosacharides as your carb source is the basis of the SCD. Here's a link that has the phases broken down better than about anywhere I have seen:

The Stages of SCD

You will see that its a progression of adding in certain foods for healing.....I strongly recommend the 24hr yogurt and the bone broth along with egg yolks as soon as possible if you go this route though.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-25-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Really this isn't so far off from the GAPS or SCD protocol Zach. Monosacharides as your carb source is the basis of the SCD. Here's a link that has the phases broken down better than about anywhere I have seen:

The Stages of SCD

You will see that its a progression of adding in certain foods for healing.....I strongly recommend the 24hr yogurt and the bone broth along with egg yolks as soon as possible if you go this route though.
    Really? I never checked them out because from the bits and pieces i read they seemed overly complicated and tedious. Just looking at your SCD link, that looks very decent.

lolo66 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Thanks for the advice! I can't currently digest sugar, any fruit, coconut or avocado at the moment. They give me stomach ache and spotty skin. I thought candida thrived on sugar so wouldn't eating a doetbhighbin sugar feed the candida?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo66 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I can't currently digest sugar, any fruit, coconut or avocado at the moment. They give me stomach ache and spotty skin. I thought candida thrived on sugar so wouldn't eating a doetbhighbin sugar feed the candida?
    Not really. Candida becomes invasive in the intestinal wall when starved of sugar, and can get into the blood stream. The yeasts are relatively benign when fed sugar.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12