Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Primal wife equals primal life. Itchy's Primal Journal page 8

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just over 9 weeks in. Down 16lbs.

I've been making a few changes in my diet because of convenience. When I am eating out of town, I've added occasional potatoes back into my diet. I've been finding it difficult to get big enough meals at restaurants if I say no to the potatoes (without spending a fortune.) At home, I just have a bigger portion of meat and veggies.

The last couple of weeks have been extremely hectic, I went from day shift to night shift, had one day off, back to night shift for a few days, then back home. Its been a struggle to get enough sleep, and as always when I am not sleeping enough, the exercise goes out the window. I also find that my anxiety levels go up when I am not sleeping enough. Its harder to control my anger as well and I get low-grade headaches and brain-fog.

I'm off to a funeral today, my first cousin's wife who was only 42 succumbed to cancer this week. I didn't see her often, but she was a very nice lady. She leaves behind her husband (my cousin) and a nine year old son. Very sad.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Twas not a nice day. Tomorrow is a new one.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey itchy! Sorry about the bad day. And my condolences to your family.

I hear you on lack of sleep - it is one of my biggest challenges. Hang in there, and may you get some respectable shut eye soon.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey itchy! Sorry about the bad day. And my condolences to your family.

I hear you on lack of sleep - it is one of my biggest challenges. Hang in there, and may you get some respectable shut eye soon.
    Thank you. My wife and I are both the same age as our cousin was. Its too early. Her son was very brave.

Exciting day today. I cooked a huge roast last night so I'm well fed, went to bed early so I'm well rested, and I'm all ready for my daughters cheer competition today.

Very big meet this weekend at West Edmonton Mall - my daughter's routine goes this morning.

I've been spending a little less time in here, trying to reduce my computer time. There's a pretty established family of trolls in here, and they can make it easy to stay away sometimes. If you don't believe the Primal precepts, why do you come here? A few more ignores may be in order.

Anyway its still working for me, and I will continue to share my experience. Maybe its about time I did some measurements to see where I'm at...

Hey itchy! Hope all is well with you and the family!

Re trolls - I couldn't agree more. Since this is my first forum join ever, I really didn't know about all that. It has been an education.

I don't think you should disappear - I at least hope you don't! I like you. And seriously - if all the committed, clear-headed, helpful, nice people vanish, then the trolls win here, and that would be sad. When I was brand-spanking new, I needed the helpful advice, you know? Hell - I still need the advice!

Greetings to the missus!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hi itchy,
    I've switched to journeling because of trolls, I'm with you on that. Having friends die is very sad and always surprises me. In our early forties several female friends died of breast cancer. In our 50's several male friends died of heart attacks. In our 60's several friends of both sexes died of varied and less obvious things. Death's came in clumps in our town. Way too many funerals.

How's the night job going?

Hey itchy!

This is my night for looking up a few folks who have been scarce lately. Greetings to you and the missus, and well-wishes!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678