Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Primal wife equals primal life. Itchy's Primal Journal page 7

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Thanks.

Its pretty crazy to consider.

What role did diet have in my nail-biting? (I consider it a mental issue like OCD). Have I NEVER been truly healthy? Or maybe the diet didn't have anything to do with it at all and I'm just riding a wave of resolve after changing diet and quitting drinking?
    I would also consider it mental, but like I tell my kids, everything that happens to your heart (emotions) affects the body, and everything that affects the body also has an effect in the brain/emotional selves. If the Primal has been so helpful in ameliorating your panic attacks and depression, which are also mental, why not also nail-biting? Food feeds body better, better nutrition reaches brain, brain says "aahhhhhh". I have had a serious bout of depression in my past, and I definitely can tell that the Primal way of doing food does me good in that department, too.

But I get your musings. I have had those thoughts as well - did I ever really know "healthy"?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Itchy,
    Just stumbled across your journal and stopped in to tell you that I have been appreciating your thoughtful and articulate contributions to the forum lately.
    Welcome. And I hope you'll stick around. Sound like you are having some great results.

Robin

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Itchy,
    Just stumbled across your journal and stopped in to tell you that I have been appreciating your thoughtful and articulate contributions to the forum lately.
    Welcome. And I hope you'll stick around. Sound like you are having some great results.

Robin
    Thank you!

I am completely sold on the Primal/Paleo philosophy, originally thinking I'd try it for 30 days and see if I lost a little weight. My results are much better than I'd hoped for, and I will never go back.

I actually follow more of a Paleo diet Robb Wolf style, but was drawn to this website because Mark updates his blog everyday, and I like Mark's writing.

I enjoy this forum despite how crazy it often gets. Haters gonna hate, and this forum has its fair share of haters. I'm no expert on these matters by any means, but I do try and contribute an an intelligent way. I am happy that you find some of my posts valuable.

I plan on sticking around.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Ugh, I had my first intentional "cheat" yesterday.

I got a call from my work, and was told that one of my co-workers was stranded at the hospital here in Edmonton, and needed a ride down to Red Deer. (I live in Edmonton and my shop is in Red Deer - about 160kms or 100miles).

Anyway, my coworker had been jumped by a group of men as he exited a nightclub a couple of weeks ago, and was here in Edmonton getting surgery on his eye. One of his friends was supposed to pick him up yesterday morning, but had forgotten about him and slept in!!!

I gladly went and picked him up, and when I arrived at the hospital, he had bought a large double double (for you non-Canadian's - a large coffee with two cream and two sugar) for me to show his appreciation. I didn't say a word, and happily accepted.

OMG! Was it ever sweet!!! Anyway, he's back home, and the surgery was a success.

Crazy day, 480kms of driving and a half days work. Skipped breakfast, very light lunch and a huge supper. My tomoto sauce from scratch, my wifes homemade meatballs over sauted spinach instead of noodles. Yum.

Good news - I will be around for my youngest girls cheer competition tomorrow, and I'm visiting my eldest daughter and granddaughters tonight

Out to the bush on Sunday..

Dude, in your avatar thingy, both you and the wife so do not look like you are grandparents already!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Dude, in your avatar thingy, both you and the wife so do not look like you are grandparents already!
    Thank you, and yes we are young grandparents. We are both 42. Our eldest daughter is 23. Our youngest (whose cheer competition is today) is eight. And there are two more daughters and a son in between

Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Thank you, and yes we are young grandparents. We are both 42. Our eldest daughter is 23. Our youngest (whose cheer competition is today) is eight. And there are two more daughters and a son in between
    Well, then, my hat's off to both of you, because holding it together this long after having a baby at 18/19 is not a common thing. And, judging from how the both of you write on each other's journals, it is going very well still.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Well, then, my hat's off to both of you, because holding it together this long after having a baby at 18/19 is not a common thing. And, judging from how the both of you write on each other's journals, it is going very well still.
    Well, its a little less fairytale, and a little more Brady Bunch, but there's lots of love

We took a second place in the competition today, and had a big afternoon lunch afterwards. I had steak and eggs with four eggs and a side of bacon.

Had a couple glasses of wine, first ones in almost 8 weeks. Back to strict (and to work) tomorrow

Five days since my last entry, and a crazy five days its been.

Much driving, day shift to night shift, derailed on the food (not too terribly), and had drinks two nights ago with my crew. I was back on track yesterday, and am doing well again today.

Anyway its been a good reminder as to how much better I feel when I eat Paleo. Just a few days off-track, and I've had an increase in anxiety, headaches and sinuses stuffed up. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see where I am at on that front.

Work is now slowing down much earlier than normal for this time of year. My rig has a good summer contract and a few promising tire-kickers lined up for next winter. Might be a tight spring though... better get the new freezer and side of beef asap...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast