Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Primal wife equals primal life. Itchy's Primal Journal page 6

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    If you ever learn to avoid stupid mistakes, please let me in on the secret! Although I think I am doing less stupid things since going primal.

Maybe the mayo had sugar in it? You could be really sensitive to sugar if you never eat it. It's amazing how much sugar the manufacturers can pack into processed food.

I really enjoy reading your posts, although I don't have anything intelligent to add. Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff so thoroughly and clearly.
    Thank you.

So much of the information we get these days is "spin". My goal with the oilfield posts are to try and get people to understand. I really feel bad that the industry is causing so much chaos in Crabbcake's community, and maybe I can help her make more informed decisions about what to do about it.

Oil and gas isn't good or evil, its neutral. Its what we do with it that matters, and we have been very careless how we've used it. As the conventional oil runs out (and it is) the world will become more and more desperate for replacements. That desperation, not the oil itself, is the cause of the troubles that Crabbcake's community faces. Every new technology used to extract will be more costly, both in dollars and environmental impact. I am afraid it will get worse before it gets any better.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Plans changed yesterday, and I ended up home another day. Good and bad I guess. Steady bearing went in my truck, so I'm leaving it behind this time around.

Leaving today - travel only. Work tomorrow.

I got a good IF in today approx 18hours. Calaries for the last couple of days have been a bit higher around the 3600 mark. I always come in much lower with an IF day, so today will average me back down. My back injury is already feeling a little better today, glad I didn't have the 800km drive yesterday.

Hung a pull-up bar in the cave today, another small step in my quest to replace the gym with home workouts. Will build a squat rack in the garage next.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Good bye Itchy-Until we meet again <3

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

See you soon babe

45 days since I've gone Primal and I'm having a rough morning. There is a free breakfast at the hotel I'm staying at, so I loaded up my plate with sausage, bacon and hard boiled eggs. About halfway through my meal, I bite into my third egg, and its sour put me off my whole meal. (But I still managed to get a bit more bacon down).

I throw the rest out, and pour myself a coffee to go. I'm about half-way through my coffee, and I get a mouthful of grounds. Not a couple grounds, a mouthful. When I get to work I dump the remainder onto the ground to take a look, and my coffee is about a quarter full of coffee grounds!!!

Feeling slightly ill all morning. I do my best, but it sure sucks relying on others to cook for you all the time. Anyway, its a fairly easy day - supervise a rig move from Grande Prairie to Edson - easy shift.

I'm hoping to find a gym that will let me drop-in later too, I could use a good workout.

Yesterday was 7 weeks without alcohol and today will be 7 weeks eating Paleo.

So far my switch to Paleo eating has gone incredibly well. As I have mentioned previous I have cured my migraines, my GI troubles, my panic attacks, and my depression. I've lost 11lbs, and more importantly began to change my body measurements. Another thing that I've managed to quit (that I was a little embarrassed to talk about) is finger-nail biting. At 42 yo, I have been unable to stop chewing my nails up until now. It might not sound like a big deal, but to me it is huge.

I am becoming stronger, physically, mentally and emotionally. I will never go back to a SAD diet.

Anyway, I missed a job this morning because my truck is in the shop. Add lost wages to the cost of the repair, ugh. On the bright side, its a couple of days at home with my family that I would have otherwise spent out of town. There is an upside to everything, you just have to look at things from the right perspective.

One thing I still have to work on is getting myself out from behind this computer. A trip to the gym, a coffee with my Dad, painting my daughters room, and a haircut will be a good start...

Gym for some heavy lifts and tabata rows. Did the workout fasted, then home for some Primal breakfast.

Half cup of chopped onion
    5 cups of mixed greens (spinach, chard, baby bok choy)
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 large tomato diced
    tsp basil
    tsp rosemary
    tsp tarragon
    half tsp coarse kosher salt
    dash red pepper flakes
    2 tbsp unsalted butter
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    5 free run omega eggs

Fry vegetables (except tomato) and herbs in oil until soft and greens fully wilted
    Add five eggs, don't break yolks, add tomato
    Cover and cook until egg whites harden, sprinkle with red pepper flakes

Serve

IMG-20130219-00397.jpg

793 calories
    67% Fat
    19% Protein
    14% Carbs
    100% Delicious

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Yum that's my kind of breakfast, though I could only eat about half that amount!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Another thing that I've managed to quit (that I was a little embarrassed to talk about) is finger-nail biting. At 42 yo, I have been unable to stop chewing my nails up until now. It might not sound like a big deal, but to me it is huge.
    Major triumph, itchy! I know how hard something of that nature is - I have my own little thang that I would like to conquer, too, and I have noticed that the closer to really strict Primal I get and stay, when I do that, the better that thang gets (meaning the less I engage in that). And I think you are hugely courageous for mentioning it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Major triumph, itchy! I know how hard something of that nature is - I have my own little thang that I would like to conquer, too, and I have noticed that the closer to really strict Primal I get and stay, when I do that, the better that thang gets (meaning the less I engage in that). And I think you are hugely courageous for mentioning it.
    Thanks.

Its pretty crazy to consider.

What role did diet have in my nail-biting? (I consider it a mental issue like OCD). Have I NEVER been truly healthy? Or maybe the diet didn't have anything to do with it at all and I'm just riding a wave of resolve after changing diet and quitting drinking?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast