Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the Juicers... What juicer are you using? page 2

BurritoJimmy is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I have a blendtec for my blender and an omega vrt for my juicer. For leafy greens mine works fine, but the omega 8004 or 8006 is considered better for leafy greens only. I like mine because I think it is a little more versatile in that it will juice fruits and carrots ok as well. I typically strain the juice so there is little fiber and when I blend I typically blend only fruits or soft veggies. My experience with much fiber is that it causes me to bloat and it hurts my stomach so I try to stay away.

Zach is offline Banned
    I recommend you juice oranges, pineapples and many other fruits because not only is fruit highly nutritious and has healthy sugar but it also makes juice taste good.

Oh and get a masticating/single gear juicer. Omega 8009 is highly recommended but even a 50-100$ hand turner works great. Centrifuge juicers damage the juice.

Edit: good pick on the juicer!
    Last edited by Zach; 02-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I recommend you juice oranges, pineapples and many other fruits because not only is fruit highly nutritious and has healthy sugar but it also makes juice taste good.

Oh and get a masticating/single gear juicer. Omega 8009 is highly recommended but even a 50-100$ hand turner works great. Centrifuge juicers damage the juice.

Wouldn't be a lot cheaper and easier to buy a 5 lb bag of sugar and eat it right out of the bag with a spoon? I know Matt Stone loves it that way.

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Breville. I make a mean carrot, beet, orange and ginger juice thats to die for.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Sugar. Forget it. Take no notice of this - veg is all you need to make the perfect juice.

cookiemonster is offline Member
    go ahead and make fun of this but I ordered a nutri-bullet about 6 months ago -you know those annoying commercials and it has been awesome!!!! I used mini blenders before and I had the juicer by Jack Lalanne, the nutri bullet is by far the best in price, blending, size, and clean up. No, they are not paying me-I'm just talking about my n=1 experience.

Almost every morning I blend spinach, mixed greens, cucumbers, strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen carrots whole milk, half and half, green powder superfood, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. You don't have to be there to push a button, just set it in to get started and you can tend to other early morning fixings while it's blending. DELICIOUS and it is all liquid-convenient to drink for breakfast.

The good thing to buy that nutri-bullet -you get free shipping and you can pay $20.00 a month.

I could care less about the company, but I love this thing-take it from someone who has blended and juiced the past 7 years. So take this for what its worth and good luck to you regardless.

Pillow is offline Member
    Again great feedback guys!!!

The Omega 8004 was put to the test this morning! It did very well in making a lot of juice and clean up was amazingly easy.

A good friend of ours uses the Jack La Layne and really likes it as well. But I have not seen his in action.

I just threw some veggies and fruit in not knowing how it would taste... Pretty decent, but I added too much fresh ginger in one juice. Tomorrow maybe I can follow a recipe

This should be fun!!! The wife and I enjoyed the juices... The kids were not so receptive. Granted the wife warned of explosive stool once all this juice kicks in! LOL yet to be seen... We already eat lots of veggies, so I doubt the colon impact will be that intense.
    Last edited by Pillow; 02-14-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    Full on Primal family and loving it!!!
    This is going to be a big year for vitamins and minerals!

bradkway is offline Junior Member
    I have a couple juices, a twin gear and a centrifugal..But they are such a pain to clean its just not worth it most of the time. What I do love is my vitamix, Imake green smoothies and the thing basically cleans itself(just rinse, fill with water and run for 10 seconds and its clean!) Its kinda expensive but well worth it, I use it for so many different things.

-Brad

xntrik is offline Member
    Some years ago, I researched juicers, and the general consensus was that twin gear juicers extracted a bit more juice than single gear juicers, but the single gear juicers were much easier to clean. Since I'm the one who does all the kitchen clean-up, we got an Omega 8001 single gear juicer. It now sits on a shelf in the basement, seldom used. The new darling of the household is a Blendtec with a Wildside Jar. We also have an ancient Vitamix 3600, which I use to process farmers market tomatoes into liquid for freezing.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    A crappy Singer juicer. Don't like it. It splatters & hard to clean and the opening is very narrow, lost of stuff left in pieces.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast