Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning Coffee? page 2

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    I am having a hard time cutting out coffee! I drink about 4 cups in the morning ( big cups ).My energy seems to drop at about 11:00 in the morning ( I wake up at 5:00 every morning).
    Do you think it could be a caffeine addiction? I remember you posting in another thread that your morning headaches go away when you drink coffee. (Sorry for hijacking that thread, btw ) The dip in your energy around 11 could be the caffeine wearing off.

All that being said, I agree with the others that I don't think it'll impede your weight loss. Just out of curiosity, do you wake up that early every day of the week, or just on days you need to? (Kudos for being able to get up that early! Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap!)

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    What is in "caveman coffee"?
    Caveman-coffee I make from plain tasteless gelatin powder, 7 gram, one teaspoon of Nescafe, two teaspoon of milk powder, and 2 gram of Splenda! First you put all the powders together in your cup, and pour just a little water over it, then you must whip everything with a teaspoon for two minutes and 25 seconds to mix it up with oxygen. That improves the taste and creaminess of the caveman coffee if you do it right! Then you pour on the rest of the water.

I have found that collagen protein from gelatin is very beneficial to my ability of recuperation and to avoid joint pains, so I try to take at least 14 gram per day of it, and I put it in my coffee! Some people will argue that the amino acid profile of collagen is inferior, and though this may be true, it seem to interact with other amino acids and give certain health benefits in my experience…

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Caveman-coffee I make from plain tasteless gelatin powder, 7 gram, one teaspoon of Nescafe, two teaspoon of milk powder, and 2 gram of Splenda! First you put all the powders together in your cup, and pour just a little water over it, then you must whip everything with a teaspoon for two minutes and 25 seconds to mix it up with oxygen. That improves the taste and creaminess of the caveman coffee if you do it right! Then you pour on the rest of the water.

I have found that collagen protein from gelatin is very beneficial to my ability of recuperation and to avoid joint pains, so I try to take at least 14 gram per day of it, and I put it in my coffee! Some people will argue that the amino acid profile of collagen is inferior, and though this may be true, it seem to interact with other amino acids and give certain health benefits in my experience…

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Caveman-coffee I make from plain tasteless gelatin powder, 7 gram, one teaspoon of Nescafe, two teaspoon of milk powder, and 2 gram of Splenda! First you put all the powders together in your cup, and pour just a little water over it, then you must whip everything with a teaspoon for two minutes and 25 seconds to mix it up with oxygen. That improves the taste and creaminess of the caveman coffee if you do it right! Then you pour on the rest of the water.…
    And this is called caveman coffee because????

You are probably right about the caffeine addiction being linked to the morning headaches. I just don't think I can give up my coffee,and thinking about this reminded me that I gave up Diet pepsi ( I used to drink 2-3 cans a day).So, yes, I'm sure it comes down to an addiction to caffeine.As far as waking up that early, I just seem to have mental alarm set for that time every day .

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    And this is called caveman coffee because????
    Well, it is actually an anti-caveman coffee since it improves your joints and tendons and make you avoid the caveman posture! But I just called it caveman coffee for the simplicity though. I am not sure whether the bulletproof coffee is really bulletproof either…

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    I still drink coffee and don't feel bad about it. I gave up a ton of stuff that was a lot worse for me so coffee with cream in the morning is fine with me. Black would be even better!

I totally agree! I have given up grains,sugar and dairy, so I think a few cups of coffee (black) is fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    I still drink coffee and don't feel bad about it. I gave up a ton of stuff that was a lot worse for me so coffee with cream in the morning is fine with me. Black would be even better!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You can cut back fairly painlessly by slowly mixing more and more decaf into your full strength. The times I've given up coffee, when I've gone back to drinking it, it really works a lot better. Like when I quit coffee to make hiking the Pacific Crest Trail easier (no need to make coffee or worry about running out) I bought a packet of chocolate espresso beans and man, I could fly. One day I ate the beans and put in 30 miles of hiking before 4pm.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I gave up Diet pepsi ( I used to drink 2-3 cans a day).
    I used to guzzle that stuff!! Diet Pepsi was always my downfall before - I'm pretty sure I'm solely responsible for increasing their stocks!

I'm impressed (and a bit jealous!) that you naturally wake up that early! I have to struggle out of bed (at 6am) every time my boss asks me to come in early.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast