Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fat-shaming may curb obesity, bioethicist says page 5

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    just please don't hack off my tits
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    or, you know, explain what those foods do to the body
    It doesen't matter what the foods do or not do to the body! The point is to SCARE people from eating them...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    It doesen't matter what the foods do or not do to the body! The point is to SCARE people from eating them...
    so making them sad and ashamed didn't work, now we're on to fear?

'experts' have been scare mongering so long that people (me included) just shrug and say 'everything will kill you'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    so making them sad and ashamed didn't work, now we're on to fear?

'experts' have been scare mongering so long that people (me included) just shrug and say 'everything will kill you'
    True, everything may kill you, but becoming morbidely fat is far worse than that...

being fat is worse than death?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it IS bloodorchid, it IS. (eye roll and sarcasm, of course).

smdh
    beautiful
    yeah you are

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    As someone who has been overweight her entire life - 5 years or so I can guarantee you shaming doesn't work. I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming sarcasm/disgust as motivation for posting this. As for the so called ethicist, perhaps we should use shame to change his/her inhumane cruelty? Think it will work?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

+ 1 million...and I am willing to donate to the bulletin board.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    How about shaming some cloistered white male Ivy League douche for not shaming at least 50% of the blame holders. I.e. the good folks at Big Food who put out shit disguised as healthy food.

Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine are the first two that come to mind. Weight Watchers products. Fit and Fruity (this is a 6 ounce container of yogurt with so much added sugar, that even though it's fat free, comes in at 160 calories). The whole Kellogg's light foods line. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Sugar/Fat free nondairy creamer. And tons of others that I can't recall because I rarely go down middle aisles of grocery stores anymore.

I was watching a video today on the benefits of water fasting and the speaker claimed that there are about 50,000 products on grocery store shelves and about 49,000 are not food.

And how about the government, willfully handing out bad advice on nutrition. We all look to "professionals" on occasion for answers. When those professionals have an agenda that is incongruent with the well being of those who look to them for guidance, they give bad advice. Let's shame them.

Monsanto - when you feed children your GMO foods, does that make you feel good?

Spectrum - when your products full of chemicals end up in the mouths of vegans trying to get healthy, does that make you feel good?

USDA, FDA, EPA - when you look around and realize you've been totally corrupted by special interests, does that make you feel good?

Prez Obama - when you signed into law that GMO foods can be sold without being labelled as such, did that make you feel good? Do you feed your kids that crap?

Now that's shaming that might do some good if put on a billboard.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

In Facebook parlance: Big Fat Like!

Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Hacking pieces off of fat people with a machete would curb obesity. It doesn't take a bioethicist to come up with a stupid way to curb obesity, even I can do it

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast