Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Priamls: Do you guys/gals still drink beer? Any brews that are decent low carb? page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

Smile Priamls: Do you guys/gals still drink beer? Any brews that are decent low carb?

Primal Fuel
    Just wondering. I am a liquor guy but beers cheap.

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    I love Michelob Ultra with a lime in it (not the Michelob Ultra Lime they sell - it taste like a wine cooler - just get the beer and put your own real lime in it). I drank it regularly when I was doing Atkins and was still able to lose. HOWEVER, now that I'm eating a much more clean diet when eating primally (more so than on atkins), I find that it makes me bloat and feel gross after drinking it. I don't think that's something specific to the brand, I think any beer would make me feel that way now.

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    That's exactly how I feel after a beer on Primal. Man this rum bill is going to add up.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    nope, not I. There's low-carb beer, but alcohol isn't good for you on many levels. Yeah you get the odd thing about it being good for your heart and so on, but there's corresponding research that implicates booze in a truckload of health issues, even at moderate consumption. I'm practicing Heartmath methods (a sort of mini-mediation, like Buddhist 'mindfulness') to reduce stress instead.

I might have a glass of whiskey or red wine at social gatherings. I may have an occasional beer in the future, but not the regular consumption I used to have.

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jedward2 View Post
    That's exactly how I feel after a beer on Primal. Man this rum bill is going to add up.
    Yes. Beer is one of the things I miss now. It's 85 degrees here today and I was working in the yard. The "old" me would have cracked open a beer or three after all that hard work. Now I'm sitting on the deck sipping unsweet ice tea with lemon

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Guinness a meal in a bottle lol. I have one occationally. I can't live life dissecting everything I do and eat. I think mark drinks wine quite often. Besides I thought the whole premis of PB is that you don't have to weight, measure, and plan anything. Do your best but a beer or rum now and then will not be the death of you.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    I am a beer snob.

I will still have a Guinness every now and then but have mostly cut the regular beer out for 2 reasons: 1) after I cut out all the grains etc from my diet, more than 3 beers leaves me on the toilet for most of the next morning & 2) I love the taste of dark chewy beers. If I'm gonna have one, it's gonna have to be an exceptional premium beer now.

Plus, I have noticed I start to swell when I drink more than a couple of beers. Not a comfortable feeling.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Amen to that Jrherring. Since I have lost so much weight, and don't drink often I put down two beers and I can "feel" it lol. I hate feeling sick in the morning so thats another reason I usually stop at two. Speaking of dark chewy beers I can't wait for the Portsmouth Brewery to bring Kate the Great back. It only comes out once maybe twice a year and this past March they sold out in 10 hours. Voted number two beer in the world on beeradvocate.com, but I digress.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Beer = grain. Not Primal in the least.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

verdilak is offline Member
    I don't do beer at all. The only alcohol that I drink is wine.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast