Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does coconut oil work as eye cream? page 3

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OP: Try coconut oil for yourself. My pores are smaller and my skin looks much better. If coconut oil does not work, than try some others. Although not too much around the eyes, unless you have make up on. I am over 40 and still have a really greasy forehead. On reading a few things it would seem that skin that breaks out react well to coconut, those that do not break out tend to with coconut oil.

Instead of harshly scrubbing, warm some oil up in your hands and smooth it over dry skin and rub it in. Than with your face cloth run it under hot water (the temp you prefer) squeeze it out and then lay it over you face for a steam and then wipe the oil off your face with the cloth. This will exfoliate. I like to splash with cold, cold water after. Scrubbing can damage the skin. Commercial scrubs with grains etc can scratch the skin as well. I have always preferred a face cloth.

The theory of OCM (oil cleaning method) is that oil cleans oil, oil will remove sebum and unblock your pores in a way that soap etc cannot, without stripping the skins's own oils. So if coconut oil does not work, than maybe try some others. Sesame oil is also popular.
    Life. Be in it.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I have dry skin all the time during the winter on the Mainland. I found that coconut oil helps a little bit.

The most curing for my face, on the surface, is using my chapstick all over my face. The most effective thing has been eliminating sugar entirely, whereby all my hand skin even becomes nice and smooth again despite constant dish-washing.

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use the oil cleansing method (make my own mix out of Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Castor oil, EVOO, Rice bran oil, Rosehip oil, Vitamin E oil, Lavendar and Greanium essential oil)
    to wash my face and moisturise with Organic rosehip oil. It is amazing. I moisturise my body with sweet almond oil after body brushing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123