Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does coconut oil work as eye cream? page 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I put coconut oil on every inch of my skin, regularly. It makes me feel all nice and stops the winter dry-skin itchiness. But I never break out no matter what I do. You'll just need to try it for yourself.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Well, good for you. My experience has been exactly the opposite. I suppose it's one of those "try it for yourself and see" things.
    Mine too. I put CO on legs during the winter to stop the horrible dry itching. It works great. I put some on my forehead and immediately broke out.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    The only makeup I generally wear is eye makeup and I use coconut oil to remove it, but don't use coconut oil anywhere else on my face or it does cause breakouts (but I do use coconut oil for my body almost everyday and no breakouts there) I use a sunflower/castor oil mix on my face everyday and an apple cider vinegar/water toner. I would definatley recommend NOT scrubbing your face hard with a towel, every other day or so just use a gentle exfoliant like was suggested above.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I've been using argan oil and I've used jojoba oil in the past. I've found it works much better with my skin...melts in and not just float on the surface.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

La Carnera is offline Member
    I use it as a make-up remover in the eyes (applied with a cotton disc) and in the face as a moisturizer (applied with the hands). Never had -or at least noticed!- any problems so far...
    Well, in my favour I'm told I have "great glowing skin", so, i believe the coconut oil isn't ruining too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I've been using argan oil and I've used jojoba oil in the past. I've found it works much better with my skin...melts in and not just float on the surface.
    That is true, though. I have to dry the excess off.
    I might try those oils you spoke of soon...
    Last edited by La Carnera; 01-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I wash my face w/ honey both morning and night. I am blessed w/ good skin but the honey really helps. It removes makeup when I wear it as well. For a while I was using olive oil/aloe water mix to remove eye makeup but have found coconut oil does just as good a job and is easier because its more solid. Every great great great once in a while, especially if I have sweated alot I will use a water/ACV mix as a toner.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

sophie is offline Junior Member
    you should try and see if CO works for you, I think this is a YMMV thing.

-for me olive oil caused breakouts
    -CO gave me very puffy eyes after a week or so using it on my face (mild allergic reaction here? although I can eat it without a problem)
    -jojoba and argan oil were not enough to hydrate my dry skin.

so for now I am back to buying some "commercial" cream (weleda cream works well for me so far: probably the only brand that doesn't cause any kind of irritation/reaction...)

one of the only thing I have left to try is castor oil I guess, it's supposed to be good...

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meggan View Post
    I would avoid scrubbing. Every other day I might use a little baking/soda water mix and gently rub my face and then I apple rose hip oil or coconut oil. I do this at night generally. The next morning I rinse my face with cold water and lightly dry it.
    Exactly my routine -- coconut oil at night after I wash with egg soap (which has really tightened my pores). Every three days or o I do a baking soda "mask".

My skin is better than ever but I am pushing 40 so I do a vitamin C eye cream too.

FYI I have normal skin but live in a very dry climate. My skin looks so good though!!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Pamme View Post
    I massage a half and half mixture of olive oil and castor oil on my face in the morning then wipe it off gently with a warm wash rag and finally I put a bit of homemade moisturizer on it. I have always had problem skin as it tends to be oily with big pores even now in my late 40s. My skin is no longer oily, and has become incredibly soft, the softest it has ever been. It might be wishful thinking, but I think my wrinkles are shrinking and the pores are not so big anymore.

I have saved a lot of money in the last several months by not buying expensive face cream and all the things they tell you we need to use to have beautiful skin. I have also saved a lot of time.
    I do this, except grapeseed oil instead of olive oil.
    I moisturise with jojoba oil
    I only do this every 2-3 days, and my skin has been feeling so good. I used to have dry cheeks, and oily t-zone. Now neither

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    oh and my pores are shrinking too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast