Hey hey, I'm Rachelle and new to this forum, though I've been aware of the Paleo lifestyle for a year and following it for about 7 months (35 pounds down, 10 left to go!) I'll start with these questions:

Your location: Athens, GA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Mostly. I eat something that's not Paleo (tacos on corn tortillas, Pho, etc.) about twice a month.

Do you consume dairy: about once or twice a month, have been lactose intolerant for years

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love tea, and avoid coffee completely. I stick to herbal teas and detox teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Experimenting. I was overweight with no energy, and my skin was awful. Constantly constipated and emotional, I knew that a change had to come. I was vegan and after months of running 3 miles every other day and doing juice fasts, I'd hardly lost any weight. Then I got a job working on a farm out of summer boredom. In addition to the daily low-impact, mostly heavy lifting and repeated squatting style of work, I began eating meat again and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I dropped wheat and started packing on meat, vegetables, and grains and kept my weight down for a few months, but I slowly gained it all back, plus extra. I knew it had to be my eating, not my exercise (ended up farming for 4 years straight after that summer) that was putting the weight back on. After the farm, I started working at a health food store and tried out the blood type diet for Type O, though I still wasn't losing any weight whatsoever. Not a pound. I ended up chatting with a customer who wanted to know if we carried any "Paleo" foods - I had no idea what he was talking about, but started reading about it and decided to do Paleo "for real", and I've lost about 35 pounds in a year. Not the rapid weight-loss I seem to hear most Paleo folks talk about, but it certainly was effortless, at a healthy rate, and it worked, without me having to take on any regimented exercise/workout plan. Better yet, I'm regular, less stressed, and have my energy back!

Favorite exercise: bike commuting (not cycling in spandex, but biking to work or the store or wherever I need to go)

Favorite Primal food: bacon, followed close behind by steak that has been cooked with bacon, with bacon and eggs for breakfast in 3rd place.

Best part about being Primal: The food. It's all stuff I love to eat and it's easy to shop for and prepare primal foods too, unless I'm trying to mimic something that isn't primal, which I try not to do.

Worst part about being Primal: Avoiding/moderating alcohol. This is probably why my weight loss hasn't been as rapid as most. I'm a Southern Girl (even have a tattoo making it official) and I love to have my libations. Moderation is the key and I think I do pretty good and never drink anything wheat based, though perhaps if I could abstain completely, I'd see the weight "melt right off".

Okay, so that's the questions and my introduction. I am on this forum now because I may want to ask questions or get more information/in depth help. After following the Primal eating guidelines for so long and seeing great results, I finally bought the Primal Blueprint book, and want to learn more about the science/nutrition of it all. I want to fully commit to this lifestyle and keep my weight down forever. I'm curious about supplements and vitamin D, though I don't want to spend a lot of money on supplements or have to ingest lots of pills/powders/smoothies everyday. I'm a person that doesn't want to obsess over or buy a lot of swag related to my eating.

To me, Paleo makes sense and it's simple. I want to keep my Paleo lifestyle simple, and plan to use this forum to help with that. Great to be here!