Thread: Primal Journal (EricMD) page

EricMD is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (EricMD)

Primal Fuel
    Hi, my name is Eric, and I am a sugarholic. I have been clean for 7 days now.

This is not the first time I have quit sugar. I have had some decent runs at going cold turkey. But I always fall back into my old ways. And when I fall, I fall hard.

It's not just sugar either. Pizza and fast food are also my weaknesses. But as much as I love sugar and fried food, I know it is harming me and I know I have to stop. Not that it it is just about my health, either. I am developing quite a belly and I do not like it one bit.

I was skinny all my life growing up. Super skinny. I used to not eat much at all and be very active. When I got into my 20s, I started eating bad, but stayed active. Now, in my early 30s, I have been very inactive, but continued to eat terribly.

I have been eating Primal for one week now. I am honestly shocked at how different I feel already. I used to crash at least twice a day and barely be able to keep my eyes open. I used to feel bloated and lethargic after every meal.

Now I have energy all day long and I feel great after I eat. I have been 100% primal so far and will probably continue that way for a while. I just don't feel any urges to "cheat." All of my cravings have vanished. It is truly remarkable.

I am eating a ton of veggies (I used to eat none). I have a shelf stocked with almonds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and cashews. I have been eating sardines, salmon, beef, chicken, and turkey.

When I started doing this a week ago, I weighed 187 lbs (I am 5'11"). I am hoping to get down to around 160-165 lbs. To be honest though, I don't care much right now if I lose any weight, I just love how great I feel.

Grok on!!!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Hi my name is lil_earthmoma and I'm a sugarholic. I have just challenged myself to be sugar free till the end of may. I need it. Sugar makes me feel so gross now but I still cram it in my face like it's going out of style if I get just the tiniest amount.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Welcome!

Hi my name is lil_earthmoma and I'm a sugarholic. I have just challenged myself to be sugar free till the end of may. I need it. Sugar makes me feel so gross now but I still cram it in my face like it's going out of style if I get just the tiniest amount.
    You can do it! As a fellow sugarholic I know how tough the cravings can be. But it feels SO good to be off of it. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Will do!

I was at 176 lbs this morning. If I wasn't feeling so good, I might be worried about how fast I am dropping weight. My calorie intake is quite low (probably averages 1,500) and I get a lot of physical activity. Despite the rapid weight loss I have bountiful energy all the time. Today I did 3+ hours of hiking (while pushing 2 kids in a jogger stroller), spent 1.5 hours mowing the lawn with a reel mower, and was on my feet moving most of the rest of the day in one way or another. I never felt at a loss for energy during any of it, and today was my lowest calorie day I have had so far. I had some tuna and olive oil in the morning, an apple midday, a handful of walnuts, and then three eggs for dinner. Never felt hungry, I just ate because I am not ready to fast yet. I am really curious to see what the next few weeks of doing this are going to be like. I can't imagine I will continue to drop weight at anything near this pace.

175 lbs

People who don't even know I am doing this have commented that my face looks thinner. After only 1 week!! My belly feels much flatter already. I am currently working on upping my caloric intake. I am only eating when hungry, which isn't often, and when I do eat the tiniest amount of food gets me full. I am switching from eating two eggs a day to eating four, as that seems like an easy, relatively cheap way to increase my calories, fat, and protein.

Brian C. is offline Member
    Congrads!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have not been actively trying to get anyone to try PB, but almost everyone I know is very interested in it now after seeing my results. Today my goal was to get a few more calories than I have been. Doing okay so far. I still just don't really get hungry though.

After biking into work this morning (12 miles) I ate two hard boiled eggs and drank a tablespoon of olive oil. A couple hours later I had four pieces of bacon. Everyone on this forum is always talking about bacon, so I tried adding it to my daily menu, but I just don't like it that much. I am starting to think my eating will not have a ton of meat in it. Which means I need to try coconut milk. Seems like a good way to get some fat-filled calories.

For lunch I had cashew covered cod and broccoli. I have also eaten an apple, a carrot, and a handful of almonds. Not sure how many calories that is, but I doubt I will be getting too many more today. When I get home I will have some veggies, but probably not much more.