Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoiled rotten? page 3

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    ...they are NEVER w/o cigarettes.
    Yeah, I'm sure I'd have less sympathy for my family and friends who are struggling if they smoked.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Sometimes I feel bad, not guilty. But I feel bad, like for my sister, and so I give them food stuff & they go to the food pantry, but they always seem to have the latest gadgets, which I don't have, and they are NEVER w/o cigarettes.
    Nothing more annoying than a person with a smoke or a starbucks in one manicured hand and an iphone in the other, telling you how broke they are.

I have no pity for smokers who cry poor.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Manicures - that's another thing. Women in NYC like they claim "they're expected; you HAVE to get them. Boo hoo." I never get manicures. I have never received a no-manicure ticket from the police, never been harassed, never even got a dirty look. None of my performance evaluations have ever said "She's good at her job but her hands look like hell! Don't give her a raise!"

Oh, and then there's the people who claim they don't have time to cook or exercise but can tell you exactly what happened on the last episode of whatever reality show people are watching these days.

Feeling less guilty now.

Jer37208 is offline Member
    I've never bought in to that spoiled feeling or even "survivor's guilt" because my food bill is higher than other people's. I work hard to maintain my chosen lifestyle and reap the health rewards accordingly.
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Zeigeist!

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    well first off, you spending money contributes to the crap economy so...keep on spending!
    second, everyone makes choices when it comes to money, the more you have (it's all relative) the more choices.
    own your choices and move on. also appreciate that buy buying organic etc blah blah you are also supporting long term sustainable practices that, over time, are best for EVERYONE. organic/fair trade etc isn't only about nutrition, it's also about sustainable farming practices and supporting human beings and the world in general.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meloroaster View Post
    well first off, you spending money contributes to the crap economy so...keep on spending!
    Second, everyone makes choices when it comes to money, the more you have (it's all relative) the more choices.
    Own your choices and move on. Also appreciate that buy buying organic etc blah blah you are also supporting long term sustainable practices that, over time, are best for everyone. Organic/fair trade etc isn't only about nutrition, it's also about sustainable farming practices and supporting human beings and the world in general.
    yes!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel guilty because I can't afford grass-fed beef and good quality meat. For the most part, I eat what the regular grocery-store carries. I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in my quality of health right now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Taken to its logical outcome, you would start to feel guilty that you can eat while others can not. Guilt is the wrong emotion. Love yourself, take care of yourself to the best of your abilities, and then try and help those around you. You can do much more good in this world if you yourself are fit and healthy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast