Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoiled rotten? page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    OP, life is in constant flux. those people down on their luck? they'll be fine down the road. there are many things one could feel guilty about

cutting someone off in traffic
    littering
    kicking a puppy

but being able to afford good food, or any food, should not be on the list
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're living within your means, and not a burden on family or society, who's to judge how you spend your money?

Was your cousin smart with her money? Don't compare your lifestyle to others.

We eat well and buy good food. Our kids do sports. We have hobbies and multiple pets. We save a little for retirement. I like nice shoes.

We also rarely eat out, rarely drink, don't go to movies, don't take luxury vacations. We shop thrift, do our own home repairs, live in a tiny house with one bathroom for a family of 4, drive cars that are 10+ years old, have a small garden, hunt for some of our meat, clip coupons.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel guilty at all. I don't have television, I drive a car that is 14 years old, and my computer is 7 years old. I rarely eat out, go to movies, or buy alcohol. And let's not forget the good (economically and environmentally, not to mention the impact to one's own health) that buying locally produced and properly raised/grown food does.

Navajo is offline Member
    I can't insert a link right now but if you go to google and type in "joel salatin google talk" and watch the youtube video, he makes some EXCELLENT points about buying the more expensive healthy locally grown food.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I feel guilty all the time about eating so much meat (money, environment etc.) However I just ordered the book "The Vegetarian Myth" and I hope it will change my mind.
    I also think that the entire world should have the one child policy.
    Last edited by Gadsie; 01-25-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    well then

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I feel bad, not guilty. But I feel bad, like for my sister, and so I give them food stuff & they go to the food pantry, but they always seem to have the latest gadgets, which I don't have, and they are NEVER w/o cigarettes.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Trawling through NYC looking for the latest expensive, fashionable, gourmet taste titillation and bragging to social-security grandma about it...
    LOL, if I had doubted your claim to have lived in NYC, this would have proved it true! Last year I read about people paying $100+ a head to eat gourmet fare prepared with rat meat. It was "art." Except then they learned the rats weren't neither free range nor locally sourced and they were mad. Apparently they wanted to eat subway rat.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    This isn't 100 bucks a week on Kate Spade (I wish she was that cheap) or the latest Air Jordans. This is 100 bucks a week that could add YEARS of satisfying, active, and healthy well-being to YOUR life.
    Good point. Thank you.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I feel guilty all the time about eating so much meat (money, environment etc.) However I just ordered the book "The Vegetarian Myth" and I hope it will change my mind.
    I also think that the entire world should have the one child policy.
    Better have a sunset clause, or you'll extinct us!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Sometimes I feel bad, not guilty. But I feel bad, like for my sister, and so I give them food stuff & they go to the food pantry, but they always seem to have the latest gadgets, which I don't have, and they are NEVER w/o cigarettes.
    This. Totally this. We all make different choices. I have a brother who is on social security and can't afford gas or insurance for a car I gave him but always is out at a coffee shop or restaurant. Taking care of yourself is not causing bad to happen to others!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast