Thread: Type 2 Diabetes page

Tregosy is offline Junior Member

Type 2 Diabetes

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all,

I wanted to post that I started my journey only 2 weeks ago and have already lost 15lbs (I have it to lose though, currently 321lbs) anyhow, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago and have at times srtuggled to cope with it, since starting Primal I have only had one episode and that was very short lived.

Have any of you type 2'ers out there experienced the same thing and will it last?

I will add that I have been 99.99% primal since starting.

Gordon

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    My Hubby was diagnosed as Type II a few years ago .
    On primal He no longer test as Diabetic at all. Perfect blood sugar results every time. (he still test his blood occasionally just to check) Hes not on any meds, nothing to control his blood sugar (despite the dr telling him there was no way to control it naturally & he would need insulin eventually) Just a Primal WOL with the occasional cheat (which dosent cause him any issues so long as its kept "occasional".. I dont know what would happen if he stopped eating primal )
    I cant say that it will "cure" anyone with diabetes but at the least I would think it should make it much easier to control for most people.

(ps weve been eating Primal for about a year)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

joe2.0 is offline Member
    What kind of issues are you having with your diabetes? A lot of folk here, including myself, have had really good results with a low carb version of primal. It's about finding what works for you in terms of carbs. Exercise really makes an impact as well. From a mental standpoint, you have to let go of the past and focus on today and taking care of yourself every day. A lot of this is mental in my view so getting the right mindset is critical. You can do this and coming here and starting this program shows you want to and that's where it starts.

If you are taking medication, you will likely need to work with your doctor on reducing the meds as you continue to lose weight and gain control over your diabetes. It will take some time for your body to adjust to primal and the improving blood sugars. Took me a few months to feel pretty much normal again. Depends on where you are in your current blood sugar levels etc and your history. At my diagnosis, my blood sugars were doing ok, low end for diabetes but I had likely had it for a good while and my body was out of whack pretty severely. Search around here and you will see a whole lot of people who have had success with this and know that you can too.

Tregosy is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the above replies, I take onboard what you have written and will see how it goes, I must admit that coming off the meds would be awsome!

The best way to describe my episodes is that at times I feel like I am about a second in time behind everything and lightly confused.