Thread: New to Primal Blueprint and gaining weight page

Michigan Primal is offline Junior Member

New to Primal Blueprint and gaining weight

Did anyone gain a few pounds in their first 2 weeks of the Primal Plan?
    I have followed the plan strictly and I have gained 3.4 pounds in 2 weeks.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Welcome MI Primal! I'm in Chicago but lots of relatives up and down the mitten (especially the Traverse City area). Some people gain weight right off the bat, but it depends where your weight is already (if you need to gain or lose). I didn't lose much at first--just needed to let the body adjust, then it came off effortlessly. It was about a 3 week adjustment for me. Stick with it, don't hog down too many nuts (that stalled me in the beginning, but I felt like I needed to snack, but don't anymore), and keep moving. Good luck.

Thanks for the Welcome and thanks for the encouragement. I need to lose. I will take your advice on the nuts and stick with it. Perhaps I won't weigh myself until the end of the 3rd week.
    Thanks Again!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Once you are fat-adapted you will be able to stop snacking and have normal hunger cues. The exactly when and exactly how are up to you.
    To echo the above post, my experience was the same!
    I gained a slight bit of weight at first because I wasn't efficient at using fat as fuel and frequently snacked. Nuts every day. But within six weeks it all began to change and I just wasn't hungry as much. The liver helped a ton, filling my body with nutrition that had been lacking my whole life. And a HUGE turning point was increasing my protein to about a pound a day. These days I only eat once or twice a day. Now only nuts once a week. Nuts really are fattening if abused! Happy journeys, I'm three years in and have just given up coffee, and feel pretty good - most of the time. Except for being an overworked cranky-pants with a pet raincloud.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Awesome. Thank you for the advice. I feel so much better. Three years is great, congratulations!

jennkelley08 is offline Junior Member
    I needed to read all of these replies! MI Primal, I'm like you and have been going at this since the beginning of this month and really haven't felt the amazing effects that I hear being raved about. I've lost weight, but only 4 lbs, which is not really what I was expecting, especially after cutting out basically all of the crap out of my diet! I'm starting the 21-day total body transformation on Feb 1st with a friend, so I'm hoping that by focusing on just that, I can get my body on track. I'm willing to wait 6 weeks if it means that this is finally going to start happening and not feel like a fruitless venture. Good luck!!

Ash877 is offline Member
    I have been at this for almost 2 months now. When I started I was 128.2, today I am at 129. However, I took pictures in the beginning, and again yesterday, and looking at them, there is an obvious difference. I have lost nearly an inch at the waist, and almost two at the belly button. I have started working out, and am getting more energy, and starting to build a little muscle.

Don't obsess too much over the scale, as you can retain water, or be building muscle. It's going to take some time, but it is definitely worth it.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try doing a leptin reset,

Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide | Living an Optimized Life

It uses primal foods, but configures when and what to eat to optimize your start on the primal journey and get your hunger response working properly quickly. (I lost 8 pounds in the first week doing the reset)