Thread: UK Grass-Fed Supplies thread page

Deegie is offline Junior Member

UK Grass-Fed Supplies thread

Primal Fuel
    Hello.
    I would like to start a resource thread for those in UK looking for grass fed meat - basically post a link, explain any dealings with them etc.

Ill start with this:

The award winning online beef company, grass fed beef, hung for 4-6 weeks, expertly butchered, UK delivery, The Cows - Beef Breeds, Beef production, Beef Farming

Im going to order something and report back.

In the UK its kind of important to support smaller farms such as this aswell, otherwise our farming industry will soon be just called Tesco Farms Inc....

mammal is offline Junior Member
    Im moving to the UK in a couple of weeks so Im really interested.

mammal is offline Junior Member
    Im moving to Hampshire. Can anyone tell me what company sells the cheapest grass-fed beef on that area?.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deegie View Post
    Hello.
    I would like to start a resource thread for those in UK looking for grass fed meat - basically post a link, explain any dealings with them etc.

Ill start with this:

The award winning online beef company, grass fed beef, hung for 4-6 weeks, expertly butchered, UK delivery, The Cows - Beef Breeds, Beef production, Beef Farming

Im going to order something and report back.

In the UK its kind of important to support smaller farms such as this aswell, otherwise our farming industry will soon be just called Tesco Farms Inc....
    Interesting link to that Wiltshire farm.

Has your order come yet?

cavegirl13 is offline Junior Member
    I got my turkey for Xmas from here.Buy Meat Online | Mail Order Meat Delivery from Pipers Farm
    They are in Cullompton,Devon but do online ordering and have a shop in Exeter.
    Also tried their beef and cold meats and can highly recommend.
    April 2012--- 9st 7lbs
    October 2012-----8st 4lbs.
    Now maintaining.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've ordered from the following:

Wellhungmeat Company
    Eversfield Organic
    Graig Fram

All grass fed organic.

I would not order from Eversfield again. I tend to only buy minced meat and their lamb was extremely greasy.

I'm always looking for cheaper places but Wellhungmeat seem the cheapest so far, depending on what you order!

Graig Farm do better free delivery and currently have 20% off for new customers. There bones are very cheap.

BlueGlaucus is offline Junior Member
    Beef, Lamb
    Cattle - Fordhall Farm
    Our free range cattle graze on our chemical free herbal pastures through winter and summer with no other feed (otherwise known as Foggage Farming). All Herefords and Aberdeen Angus, our traditional herd is hardy and accustomed to living outdoors.
    Our flock of sheep, like the cattle, live entirely off our traditional chemical free pastures. Our natural woodlands provide all the shelter they could need and our spring fed pools have a ready supply of fresh water. Rotation of these lush pastures also helps to protect them from health problems and so veterinary intervention is only used in the rare emergency
    field&flower meat box delivery farm to door meat delivery service
    Beef
    Traditionally, Home Farm has reared Hereford cattle due to their quiet temperament and the quality of their meat. The farm keeps a small suckler herd of cows, which conceive and give birth naturally once a year. Calves run at their mothers’ feet until about eight months of age. Once the cattle are weaned, they are fed solely on grass and forage, grazing in clover-rich pastures all year round.This particular breed is slaughtered at no earlier than 26 months of age, which also ensures very flavoursome beef. The cattle travel to the local abattoir, only minutes away, ensuring a stress-free end of life.

Our beef is dry-aged (hung on the bone) for a minimum of four weeks. This is to ensure a very high level of tenderness. Hanging for this long, in this way, is a technique supermarkets simply cannot match. Attributes of our Hereford beef include high levels of marbling, giving that melt-in-the-mouth sensation, and an abundance of deep, rich flavours developed through a grass and forage diet. Our traditional cattle breed is slow-maturing and thrives on a natural grass and forage diet. Studies have shown that cattle reared in this way produce much higher levels of omega-3 and poly-unsaturated fats than when reared intensively. We therefore take pride in our beef being tasty, tender and fresh.The beef you order from field&flower has been carefully managed to ensure a low carbon footprint. The total distance from our farm to abattoir, and abattoir to butcher is only eight miles.
    Lamb
    Our lamb is raised by one farmer and son on a farm in the Mendip hills a few miles away from our butchery in North Somerset. They farm traditional breed lamb that are born and raised outdoor on the hills all year round, feeding on grass and haylage.
    Beef, lamb, pork
    Green Pasture Farms - Grass Fed Beef and Lamb, Pastured Pork and Chicken, UK Wide Delivery
    All our meat is reared ethically, fed its natural diet, and allowed to roam freely in the green pastures of Pendle.
    Although our meat is not certified as organic (in order to keep the cost economical), we use no herbicides, pesticides or chemical fertilisers on our fields, nor do we give our animals and unnatural feed or routine administrations of drugs.
    Our cows and sheep simply graze the lush grass on the hills, and our free range pigs and chickens are allowed to roam and forage till their hearts content.
    All of our meat is slaughtered at a local abattoir less than 10 miles away, and they are never mixed with other animals form other farms.
    Beef, lamb
    Quality Organic Pork, Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Wild Game, Turkey Online Meat Boxes
    All beef and lamb has to be solely fed on a grass fed diet. This ensures it matures at a slow rate giving you excellent marbling and omega 3 content.

All cattle must be kept outside during the spring and summer/Autumn months and brought into large spacious barns for the winter months. All our beef and lamb is 100% grass fed and not finished off on any grain or cereals. Sheep graze all year round apart from when we bring them in during lambing. All our pigs are bred and reared outdoors. The chicken is all corn fed and left to roam freely.
    Beef, jerky
    Scottish Beef, Free Range Chicken and grass fed Lamb roasting joints.
    We never treat our beef cattle with hormones, steroids or antibiotics. You can rest assured that you are receiving the healthiest gourmet grass fed beef available.

QUESTION: Are your cattle ever fed grain?

No, our cattle are grass fed and grass finished.
    Raw Dairy
    Raw, Unpasteurised Dairy, Organic Food UK
    Our Raw, Unpasteurised milk from healthy Grass fed cows couldn’t be more different. Our Raw, Unpasteurised, Organic, Biodynamic Cow’s milk is one of natures finest foods; delicious, creamy and very easy to digest
    #
    fordhall is very good.
    field and flower is a bit more pricey, but extremely good products, and even better customer service. If you want some odd cuts or something different, they will do their best and so far have given me everything I've asked for. Including chicken hearts.
    Last edited by BlueGlaucus; 04-26-2013 at 07:31 PM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    very useful information, thanks for this everyone - am off to look and drool with my debit card clutched in my trembling fist

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Rosewood Farms, York; The home of Grassfed Dexter Beef

Does what it says
    Prompt delivery, very tasty meat, offal selection etc.

Heya I'm also in the UK right now (been living here for 7 years now!) and I order my meat from my local school because it has a farm and a shop to sell their produce and other local farmer produce and they are all grass fed beef, quality meats.
    So if you are stuck for places to go, try local farm shops!

Also I believe Sainsburys sell quality meats (they have a great butchers section) and their meats are all sourced from local farms.
    Whatever you do don't go to Tesco or Asda, they had problems with the horse meat scandal but Sainsburys didn't!