Thread: Been stalking the forum long enough... page

Smile Been stalking the forum long enough...

So I finally joined. Well as my name suggests, I love food. I love cooking it, shopping for it, and most of all eating it. This has led to a life long battle with my weight. I have been on every diet out there. I am a good enough cook that I was able to create tasty meals that obayed whatever new food rules I was living by at the time. I managed to reasonably control my weight but I was always hungry. I`ve been eating primal since Jan 5th and I am never hungry, I`ve also managed to lose 5lbs in the process. Hopefully this can become a new way of life for me and I can finally stop counting calories and weighing myself everyday.

I hope to be able to ask questions, share recipies and occasionally vent about people giving me weird looks due to my order at a restaurant. :-)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hey foodie, welcome. congrats on your successful start. I would love to know what your order was that it drew such weird looks.

Honestly it wasn`t that weird. We went to Macaroni Grill I ordered the chicken and sausage pasta and asked for roasted veggies instead of the pasta. I also told the waitress we didn't need any bread, she said oh but our bread is so decicious, I told her I was sure. Then the couplebehind us started talking about how ineffective lowcarb is and how they thought that " fad" was over.

osgoka01 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome! I'm a foodie as well and I'm sure you will find loads of wonderful meals to keep you busy. Enjoy!

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Fortunately this isn't a low carb diet per se. It can vary to whatever your needs are. I never understood why people have such a need to follow and comment on what perfect strangers are eating, when nobody asked.

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh yeah, I would have told them they can keep their opinions on a stranger's eating to themselves... wow, some people!
    Hey foodie, welcome. I'm new too, from stalking to posting....