Hello all,

Thank you in advance if you are able to help me at all.

I have eaten Paleo for almost two years and love this lifestyle. I keep my carbs pretty low, generally, but have not achieved ketosis. I really REALLY want to get into ketosis- I feel like it may really benefit me, and I want to actually experience it before deciding if it is the right thing for me.

Some things that I think are important to note:

1. I was a heavy teen but lost weight calorie counting when I was around 21.
2. I have a history of disordered eating. Food has always been an issue for me, as has weight. I think about food much more than I'd like.
3. I was much too thin thanks to over exercising around a year and a half ago. Since then, I've gained about 15 pounds, and am mostly normal weight, but with more fat than I'd like.
4. I'm hoping ketosis will help me feel more "normal" about food and help me feel better mentally and physically.

The problem is that I can't seem to get into it!!! I have generally eaten a TON of protein to feel satiated in the past (nearly 200grams, often times). The past couple of weeks, I've really tried to get into ketosis and cut way back. Generally, this has been around 100 grams protein, 30 grams carb (total), and the rest in fat- works out to around 85% fat most days. I am not restricting calories and have around 2200 per day- sometimes up to 2500. This worries me- obviously my appetite is not blunted at all yet.

I have had a couple of days where I feel like I'm there: focused, not thinking about food, but it doesn't stay! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. According to Phinney and Volek, my protein intake is just fine, but I've read a number of people's accounts and they are eating much less protein.

OH, probably should mention: I'm a 30 year old female, 5'4", probably around 120 pounds (not weighing right now).

What should I do?! Cut carbs down to 20 or less total? Cut protein? The only dairy I'm doing is ghee, but I could cut that out too, if I have to. What the **** am I missing here???