Thread: Can't remember if I've done this yet... page

dakini is offline Senior Member

Can't remember if I've done this yet...

Shop Now
    Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a single Mama to a daughter. We are both going primal (as we eat the same things); for her, as much as I can outside of daycare. I am in Canada, work full time, and am trying to see what I can do so we are both healthier.

I do need some help though - one of my stumbling blocks in this journey has been trying to get meals together for dinner. As soon as we get home my daughter wants supper, so I need complete meals I can cook in the crockpot or make large batches of and freeze portions for later. Anyone have good ideas? I already cook whole chickens in the crockpot (and have made stock), and stews and such. I also make shepard's pie (with cauliflower instead of potatoes) and chicken pot pie without the pie.

Thanks!

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Mexican Beef (crockpot recipe)

2-3lb beef roast (I think I used a shoulder roast, not exactly sure)
    10 oz of your favorite salsa (can either make your own or get one from the store... just make sure it's one without added sugar!)
    1 small onion, sliced into rings
    1 cup water

Put all the above into a crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours or low for 4-6 hours (times and settings might vary depending on your crockpot and what approximate temperature is "low" and "high").
    Remove beef from crockpot and shred it or cut it into small pieces. Put the beef back into the broth mixture once it's cut/shredded.

Serve with sliced avocado and cheddar cheese (if you eat cheese).

dakini is offline Senior Member
    Mmm, that sounds good! Thanks. I'll have to try that one.