Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked Oysters page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Smoked Oysters

Primal Fuel
    Sadly, I cannot locate Crown Prince Smoked Oysters anymore and really miss them. They were packed in olive oil. All the other's I have looked at have bad oils like soy or safflower...yuck! So, I bought some Chicken of the Sea Smoked Oysters packed in water. I haven't tried them yet, but am kind of leary since they are Chicken of the sea brand. What do you think? Any other brands you've tried that are of good quality?

I miss my Crown Prince smoked oysters!!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Order the crown prince oysters online in bulk. I can find those everywhere, even gas stations. Where do you live?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    They are on Amazon at a decent price.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

They've been out of stock on Amazon for about 6 months. I live in Washington. If you can find a place online to order them let me know, please!!

Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters in Pure Olive Oil, 3-Ounce (Pack of 9): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

I just saw that on iHerb, too! Trader Joe's used to carry them and so did my Co-Op and then all of a sudden during the summer I couldn't get them anywhere and went through withdrawls... lol.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Smoked Oysters with 1.2g Omega-3 | Boiled Oysters | Crown Prince, Inc.

According to their website, they offer only two oyster products and the smoked one is packed in cottonseed oil. So you're probably better off not being able to find them anymore. Looks as if they've ditched the olive oil.

Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters in Pure Olive Oil, 3-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

They're out of stock of the ones in olive oil on Amazon.com and I doubt they'll be in stock again anytime soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I just saw that on iHerb, too! Trader Joe's used to carry them and so did my Co-Op and then all of a sudden during the summer I couldn't get them anywhere and went through withdrawls... lol.
    I think it's because they went through a recall. I can find them everywhere in socal, which is odd. Usually just the boiled ones though.

I wouldn't eat the cottonseed ones if I were you. GMO crops, and a huge amount of pufa.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    None here in Oregon TJs either. Tried the Chicken of the sea ones, weren't great, but in water.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think it's because they went through a recall. I can find them everywhere in socal, which is odd. Usually just the boiled ones though.

I wouldn't eat the cottonseed ones if I were you. GMO crops, and a huge amount of pufa.
    I wouldn't touch any of those bad oils, that why Crown Prince was so awesome. Guess I will open the ones in water and put them in my own olive oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast