Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 7

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Romainian Deadlift. You basically just bend over and stretch your hamstrings as far as you can rather than lifting all the way from the bottom.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    stiff legged deadlift! we do them supersetted sometimes with laying hamstring curl. i took a pic of my tattoo where it covered over. i'll PM it to you.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I've really become fond of RDL's lately. I rarely did them before, but really like them now. I dunno what changed.

Happy Birthday to Me!

Squat: 120 x 3 sets of 5
    Press: 57.5 x 2, 3, 3, 3, 2
    Deadlift: 160 x 5

Everything was a PR today!

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, Diane! I celebrated it by taking your advice and hiking on my own yesterday (not hiking-hiking, it was a paved trail). I did seven miles with a pack. I thought I was a boss until I weighed the pack and found out it was only twelve pounds. Started to get blisters so I took off my shoes for the final mile. All of my muscles felt so tired and happy when we were done.

Cheers!

Hey, don't feel bad about 12lbs. I hiked yesterday with just a daypack with water and snacks and I was sore afterwards.

Today's lifting:

Squat: 122.5 3 sets of 5
    Bench: 72.5 5 sets of 3
    RDL: 95 3 sets of 5 I never quite understand RDLs. They feel more like stretching that lifting.
    Assisted pullup 80 x 3 sets of 5

Last night's dinner. I made quail. It was very good and well-received by the Man.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    hey there

I just started sniffing around the Journey side. Must have been that fabulous picture you posted. Nom Nom Nom

Anyways, happy late b-day!
    Melinda
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Squat: 125 3 sets of 5
    Press: 57.5 x 1, 4, 3, 2, 3 WTF??!!!
    Deadlift: 165 x 5

My press sucks. I think I hurt my lower back on the deadlift. Could have been on the press, though. God did those ever suck majorly. No consistency.

Well, I finally did it. I fucked myself up lifting weights. I think this is going to take a while to heal from. My very lowest part of my back and my butt. I've never hurt my lower back before. It sounds from what other people say, you never recover from it. I hope that is not true.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i can feel my back starting to go if i put too much weight on the bar when i dead lift. if i have too much on the bar when i squat, i feel it at the very bottom going back up. i have dodged the bullet so far, which is also why i dont throw super heavy weights on when i do those. rest. do your shoulders and arms and walk slowly lots. and this is purely anecdotal but a friend of mine told me sodium ascorbate helps with wrinkles. not wanting to get any LOL i took some. about 5g per night. my hip had been acting up and my lower back used to click badly. this was when i was 43. the small lines disappeared, my hip and my back both fixed themselves. so bone broth and sodium ascorbate and go see a decent sports injury person. i will ask my personal trainer too when i go see him next week how such an injury could be worked around.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast