Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 6

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    when you say "sprinted at lunch". how exactly do you sprint? what i mean is do you do tabatas? i am thinking of doing some kind of sprinting but i usually just go for a run 20m up the hill near my house and decide that is it as i hate it so much lol

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think your photo is awesome! I'd love to have your hourglass shape. I have two shapes. When I'm over a good weight I look like an apple with legs. When I'm a healthy weight, I look like a boy with breasts. There's not a voluptuous ass in my entire family.
    Wow hourglass? Really? I practically have no waist at all!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    when you say "sprinted at lunch". how exactly do you sprint? what i mean is do you do tabatas? i am thinking of doing some kind of sprinting but i usually just go for a run 20m up the hill near my house and decide that is it as i hate it so much lol
    I do fairly classic sprints. I go to the track and I run the straight parts, basically between the lines on the track that mark the straight parts, and then I walk the curves. I go as fast as I possibly can, which I'm sure is pretty laughable. I do this 8 times, which comes out to 4 times around the track.

After my sprints I was oh so bad. I bought vegan chia seed lemon pudding (really super yummy) and halvah (sesame and dates) and ate them both plus chocolate. Tonight I had cheese and pickled herring for dinner, and wine. See, this is why I'm not skinny.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Squat: 117.5lbs x 5, 2 105 x 5, 5 Man I suck so hard at squats.
    Press: 51.25lbs x 3, 3, 3, 3, 4 <-- PR! And I got yelled at for doing "Olympic style over-the head weight lifting" outside of the squat racks. Huh? Since when is that not allowed?
    Deadlift: 155lbs x 5 <-- PR! And surprisingly not as bad as I feared it would be.

I wanted to add, I am getting a tattoo in a few weeks and I'm thinking I should ease up on the seafood so that I don't bleed as much. I hope my tattoo comes out well. I plan to try to cover over the one I have around my ankle with hopefully more colorful and bold flowers.
    Last edited by sbhikes; 02-14-2013 at 08:28 AM.

wow! muscles looking good. you def go in at the waist noticeably too. my cat would have your parrots tho which is one of the reasons i have never gotten one. i have wanted a pieces of eight parrot since i was 7.

I wanted to add, I am getting a tattoo in a few weeks and I'm thinking I should ease up on the seafood so that I don't bleed as much. I hope my tattoo comes out well. I plan to try to cover over the one I have around my ankle with hopefully more colorful and bold flowers.
    i've not heard that about seafood? i have a dead tribal shark around my ankle bone that i need touched up which i keep not getting around to getting done. have you decided on a design? often tho if you are getting something covered, you kinda have to go with what can cover it which is why i have some oriental chyrsanthemums up the top of my left arm.

Thank you for the compliment. I think my jeans are kind of unflattering.

It seems that since I eat a lot of salmon my blood is thinner, like how old men have really thin blood from taking blood thinners. It might be my imagination or it might just be my skin on my forearms is thinner now that I'm older.

I stopped in at the tattoo place to look at the flash on the wall and I talked to the guy about my tattoo. I didn't know what they can do to cover it up, it's such a big tattoo. He says he can use foliage and (my request) that black swirly smoky stuff you see in Japanese tattoos to hide the old one, plus he could potentially reuse parts of the old one. He said to figure out what kind of flowers I'd like. I said that I liked his peonies, but I do like the chrysanthemums, too. I might ask for a blue peony with yellow glowing in the center. Perhaps I could get one big one, one small one and a rad butterfly sitting on the smaller one, plus as many smaller forget-me-nots or cherry blossoms to add some pink and red or orange or whatever color is needed to tie it together. He seemed like he wanted to do whatever I wanted, but I told him that I'd rather he make the artistic decisions since I suck at such things. Whatever it ends up being, I want a real, bold tattoo, not some realism thing or dainty thing.

I went in to look at the flash because I want a traditional tattoo someday, too, in memorial of one of my birds that died a few years ago.

In fitness news, I went backpacking this weekend. Hauled 7 liters of water up the mountain and worked on the old trail. Lots of lopping and sawing and throwing of brush. Hard work. Lots of sleep--sun down to after sun rise two nights in a row. I hope I can do my lifting tomorrow as if nothing happened. I feel good, as if I had just sat around being lazy all weekend.

The jeans look fine. no muffin top so reasons to be cheerful. i think you can get away with anything jeanswise without the dreaded muffin top going on.

It seems that since I eat a lot of salmon my blood is thinner, like how old men have really thin blood from taking blood thinners. It might be my imagination or it might just be my skin on my forearms is thinner now that I'm older.
    i did see a study done somewhere on the elderly and fish oil. it was a group of old women and they put them all on a 10 or 12 week strength program. it did not say when the "strength" program was but i doubt it was SS LOL they gave half the group 4 capsules i think of fish oil a day and the other half had none. the fish oil group had i think a 10 or 15% increase in strength over the 12 weeks. it was apparently only a small group. 20 women. and a short trial so they were talking about extending it and trying men too. my skin is not really any different i dont think. coconut oil it lots?

my cover up is a traditional tattoo i guess. a nice pink and purple chrysanthemum and some foliage covering a multitude of sins. i think it depends how much black and where the lines are in the one you want to get covered as to how they can cover it.

Whatever it ends up being, I want a real, bold tattoo, not some realism thing or dainty thing.
    this is why i have a dead shark LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    SB you look fantastic - well done you !!!!!!
    keep doing what you are doing !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks, y'all.

The tattoo I want to cover is in this picture, the faded one around my ankle, not the big Pacific Crest Trail tattoo.

It's not an awful tattoo. But now it looks faded and old next to my newer one. I was going to just get it touched up but then it turns out they can cover over old tattoos so I think I will do that. If he can salvage any of the old flowers in the new design, that'll be great.

Today I succeeded at squats and failed at bench press. Probably because bench press is like lopping bushes in the forest and squats aren't like anything in nature.

Squat: 117.5 3 sets of 5.
    Bench: 72.5 x 3, 2, 3, 3, 2 Gotta do over.
    RDL: 90 x 3 sets of 8
    Assisted pullup: 85 x 3 sets of 5

I did one of those finisher things until I was exhausted.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    going on what the tattoo artist said who covered mine over, you will prob need a similar approach as the main band bit looks like quite alot of black close together. i had green leaves over the top of my black. and then a chrysanthemum to make it look in place and we just recoloured one of the butterflies over with purple and green. i dont think i have any pics to post but you would never know it was a cover up. if you get a good tattooist, you can prob do a really nice bold design with flowers and leaves that will look awesome on your ankle and calf. they should also be able to visualise how it will fit in with the pacific crest one.

i am off to the gym tomorrow which is gonna be mental as i went up and down our local mountain today. what does RDL stand for?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast