Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 4

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Haha do the fu bikini pics. Power to the almost 50's . I may wait to post my pics though

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    If you're worried about getting squashed by not being able to rack the bar when bench pressing, don't put the clips on the ends of the bar. That way you can tip the bar to one side and the plates will fall off; just be careful because then the other side will jerk downward (think teeter-totter).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I have to put on the clips or the little minder guys come running over to yell at you. They yelled at me once for not putting clips on doing the deadlift with only two tiny little 2.5lb plates on. Sheesh.

Iron bikinis for the well endowed and deadlifts for everyone!

Today I:
    Squatted: 112.5lbs x 3 sets of 5 My highest ever!
    Press: 52.5lbs x 5 sets of 3 (one set was actually 4) I can go up next time!
    Deadlift: 150lbs x 2 attempts. Only got one inch off the ground. 135lbs x 4 and then I didn't want to do another.

I made liver for dinner last night. Didn't help my deadlift. Still, I lifted a whole lot of heavy so my inner Grok is happy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh, I have to put on the clips or the little minder guys come running over to yell at you. They yelled at me once for not putting clips on doing the deadlift with only two tiny little 2.5lb plates on. Sheesh.
    Sheesh is right. They obviously have no clue about safety.

Next time, get one of the minder guys to come over and spot for you. Make sure they actually know how to do it, first!

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Great job, Diane. If there were a gym nearby with a decent trainer who would spot for me (and I could afford), I would be doing the same thing. I ended up buying Convict Conditioning and just received it. I am having issues that are keeping me out of the gym now and I'm kind of bummed.

This weekend I went backpacking to an abandoned trail. My boyfriend and I spent the afternoon and the next day's morning and early afternoon clearing the old trail with loppers and a saw. My boyfriend kept remarking to me that I seemed so strong. I was able to saw large shrubs and throw heavy branches up and over the wall of chaparral on the downhill side of the trail for about 8 hours or so in total. It was killing me, actually, since I was so sore inside my body from deadlifts on Thursday. But it made me feel good to be so much stronger. This is the kind of thing I wanted more strength for. We stopped for burgers at a place on the way home and I ordered the biggest pork chop you've ever seen. It was the most delicious food I have ever had. Then I slept the night away and am so sore today I can't believe it. I skipped working out today. I will try tomorrow instead.

Squat: 115 x 4, 2 105 x 5, 3 (to make 15 reps total) This felt hard after all that trail work. I expected that to happen. I know I could have done it normally.
    Bench: 70 x 5 sets of 3. This felt really easy. I was surprised.
    RDL: 85 x 3 sets of 5
    DB Row: 45 x 3 sets of 6
    Lat Pull 95 x 3 sets of 5

Not sure I'm getting much out of Rows and Lat Pulls anymore. I'm thinking of buying pullup bands but I hate carting around so much crap to the gym.

Squat: 115lbs 3 sets of 5 --- I knew I had this in me on Tuesday. It's a PR as far as workouts go.
    Press: 55lbs 5 sets of 3, 2, 3, 3, 2 --- I think normally I could have done this. I might micro-micro-load next time anyway. In any case, it's also a PR as far as the actual weight is concerned.
    Deadlift: 150lbs 1 set of 5 --- This is a PR!

Been eating too much. About 3000-3500 calories a day. I really, really wanted those deadlifts, that's why. Time to cut back to normal now. My pant legs are getting tight (oddly, not my waist).

Tight pant legs + not-tight waist = quads/hams getting bigger from those squats and DLs! Great work!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats on all your PR's Diane!

Isn't it so exhilarating?

It's definitely what turned me into a complete weight training
    addict back in 2007. I just could NOT get enough of the gym
    and the weight room!

And girrrrl, them pant legs are tight cuz your quads and hammies
    are all pumped up! RARRRRRRRR!

Your waist is probably even thinning out cuz of all the work your stabilizer
    muscles are doing.

Great job, woman.

Julie

ha! goldie and i were thinkin' the same thing at the same time - she's just less loquacious than
    i am.... one of my faults!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast