Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 3

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Ha ha one "advantage" to being old is my nipples are nowhere near the top of my chest when I lay down.
    TMI???? I think I need brain bleach.... no, wait on second thought..... lol

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I think I'd die trying to get 2 35lb dumbbells into position for bench press.
    the pair of dumbbells i use is smaller in combined weight than i can do on the barbell. i have been thinking about going up to 2 x 13kgs but i do 3 sets of 10 so the last one would prob get quite alot harder. the good thing too about doing it with barbells is you get your abs as well as you have to tuck the weights in and then sit up with them when you finish. you can just drop them on the floor i guess too lol

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I use the bench press station. I just rack the weight when I'm done. Or if I miss, I rack the weight on the lower pegs. Or more typically, I miss one of the pegs and flail around helplessly until someone rescues me from being pinned under the bar. I do 5 sets of 3 now instead of 3 sets of 5.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I've started back on weights this month, and using the barbell consistently for the first time. I'm also finding racking the barbell at the end of a benchpress set rather awkward. I can manage 70 lbs for 6 reps quite decently, but it's always precarious at the end making sure I'm on the rack and it won't crash down and squash my head. I know I could press more weight, but am leery about doing it on my own, which I am most of the time at the gym, especially at work where sometimes there are only one or two other people in there.

Diane, are you using dumbells or a barbell for your OHP? I've been using dumbells, just hit a few reps with 25 lb ones this week. I like seeing the increasing definition in my deltoids when doing OHPs, odd as that may sound.

Or more typically, I miss one of the pegs and flail around helplessly until someone rescues me from being pinned under the bar.
    lmao i so try to avoid doing that but it happens to all of us. my personal trainer, who is a big body builder, has had it happen to him apparently on the decline bench press even. if i am on my own, i sometimes use the bench press machine if i want to try a new weight. then i dont have to worry about dropping it or getting stuck. if you do get pinned under the bar, roll it down your body slowly till you can sit up. then you should be fine. i have managed this trick with 40kgs on the bar and survived just.

I use the barbell for OHP. I can usually get my right arm straight way before my left and then I'm kinda twisting and doing sucky things to get the left arm straight. I really honestly suck at this barbell stuff but I keep going.

I posted a picture of my abs on a thread in the fitness forum. I really don't think my figure is that bad, but apparently some people do.

The reason I started a new journal for myself that says "fitness log" on it is because I am not interested in weight loss anymore. I think I look fine and the way I feel doing the fitness stuff is so amazingly great that I walk around feeling confident, healthy and happy about my body these days. I no longer care whether I look skinny enough. I don't really think about it much anymore. I know that sounds odd, but that seems to be what putting the focus on weight training, sprinting, sunshine and sleep has done for me. Maybe that's wrong, but I do not care what other people think.

i read that thread and had a giggle. 2 funny. i think you look pretty good too. now i have seen people out there and my gut reaction is "put it away" but then i stop myself and think i shouldnt be so judgemental. you do not come into that category at all. maybe we should start an almost 50 fu bikini pic thread lol and yes the fitness stuff is so amazing. at the end of the day, being able to move and do all the things i want to do like walk for miles, climb hills, dive, hunt and weight lift for example is far more important than being simply just skinny. ftr i walk around in a bikini when it is hot by the beach and i am nearly 50 too OMG!!!

An FU I'm almost 50 bikini pic thread would be funny. I can't help but think about the Seinfeld episode about Good Naked and Bad Naked. Mostly because I'd want to put up a pick of my abs as I pull a heavy deadlift. That would definitely be Bad Naked right there.

lmao it would be funny but it's your abs and you are heavy deadlifting so who cares!!! i try to avoid doing pressups in a bikini for the same reason lol i didnt do heavy lifting at the gym today as i did so much on tuesday. my personal trainer, i feel so flash saying that lol, is real good on all the wierd out of it stuff. all those little side and stabilising muscles you need to get into for injury prevention and body building. so we did all sorts of strange stuff with the cables. things that do not seem to be physically hard till you focus on using the muscles you are targeting. so hard you cant talk. not from overexertion but from focus. with cables too, you keep the tension on the muscle on the way up and then brake with the muscle on the way down with no rest. i was rinsed at the end. but way too much fun. you see this is the aspect of fitness i enjoy way more than fretting about whether my abs look good in my daisy dukes and bikini top.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    You guys are too funny! I don't see a bikini in my future, mainly because they don't make the tops strong enough to hold everything up. I'm just happy that I look good in street clothes.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast