Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 2

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, everything still hurt today and *I* haven't been to the gym since Tuesday
    either!

I was going to go today and tough it out, but I got a dog walking gig (my part time job)
    today and tomorrow.

I've done both on one day, but barely made it out alive.

Okay Miss Diane, maybe under the boobs wasn't accurate - how about that concave
    area between maybe where the boobs *used* to be, like 2 inches down from the
    middle of your sternum, right under that area is where it STILL hurts. Man, so lame,
    though I did really kill it at the gym.

Good job on the deadlifts!

And I wouldn't bounce anything doing squats.... Not being able to get outta the hole is
    skeery!

Have you tried push presses instead of just regular presses?

Try them with your shoes off, they feel a ton better.

I got up to 85lbs on those way back in the time of yore...... cough>ayearago<cough

Have you ever tried box squats?

I stole an old milk crate from behind a grocery store and would squat down to it just
    enough to touch it, then back up. If you DO get caught in the hole, you can just sit on
    it.

I do mine in the squat cage so I can put the safety poles up so if I DO get caught in the
    hole, I can just rest the bar right on it and quietly back away... ahem.

Seaweed - yeah neg chins are brutal. Lats, biceps, triceps, forearms, weird abs, all of them still
    hurt. Crazy.

Julie

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i go down when i squat till i my butt bones start to feel like they are popping out my glutes. never got stuck in a hole squatting but i have got a barbell stuck on the bench press and had to roll it down over my chest to get out. was too proud to shriek helplessly at the rather large body building dude over in the corner LOL

i absolutely avoid training again till the DOMS has gone. you get stronger during recovery so i hide very neatly behind that. plus i put muscle on without getting bigger going once a week and killing it. if i could make it to the gym more than once a week, i would look at a split program.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think there are more weeks than not where I end up dropping the weight on the safety bars and crawling out from under them. It's always so embarrassing.

My back's gonna be sore from these deadlifts. Good sore.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

do deadlifts hurt your lower back? i havent done any proper ones for prob a year. last time i could do about 72kgs. if i went up to 80 kgs, my lower back started to feel like it was gonna give and i dont have a weak back.

you need someone to spot for you.

It doesn't hurt my back at all. But it is a workout for the back muscles and they do get a little sore. It's the same kind of sore as any other kind of sore. It's not back pain.
    http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/ErectorSpinae.html
    Last edited by sbhikes; 01-26-2013 at 05:20 PM.

yeah it's more my actual lower spine bones which start to feel like they are gonna pop out vs the muscles hurting. i am off to the gym on tuesday again so i will give it another go.

The last time I attempted squatting 110lbs was December 12 through 16 and I failed to do it each time. More than a month later, I finally managed to work back up to that. 3 sets of 5. Yay!

I also benched 70lbs. Attempted 5 sets of 3 but the last two sets I could only get 2.

Did some RDLs, Lat pulls and DB rows but my arms were pretty shot by the time I got to the rows.

I will probably sprint at lunch today.

Salmon and 2 small sweet potatoes for breakfast. Goat yogurt waiting in the fridge for lunch. Will probably eat half a quart. There's lamb for dinner probably with more sweet potatoes and some veggies of some sort.

I did sprint at lunch today. A bunch of students were jogging around the track in a big herd. Suckers. 4 laps, 8 sprints and I'm all done. Their instructor was the lady I hired to teach me weight lifting back in October. She said hi to me. After the sprints I went for a walk. I felt really strong and healthy today, but a little sore still from everything. I've got a hankering for gelatinous broth or oxtails. I think I'll stop at the market on my way home today.

I also benched 70lbs. Attempted 5 sets of 3 but the last two sets I could only get 2.
    i've been doing dumbbell bench presses the last couple of weeks. 11kg weights so 22kgs all up. i do 3 sets of 10 and superset them with dumbell skull crushers. i can bench more on the barbell but i prefer dumbells i think. when i get tired with the barbell, i dont go the full depth. i aim to bang my nipples on the bar. well not quite, more touch gently. the tireder i get, the higher i stop on the way down. with dumbbell bench press, i can go right down, lower than with the bar which i reckon gets way more of the pec.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i aim to bang my nipples on the bar.
    Ha ha one "advantage" to being old is my nipples are nowhere near the top of my chest when I lay down. I touch the bar to my breastbone every time.

I hate the bench press because when I miss I seem to not be able to rack the bar and then I get stuck there crying out for help. I hate having to ask for a spot. I think I'd die trying to get 2 35lb dumbbells into position for bench press.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast