Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane's (sbhikes) PB fitness log page 10

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That is beautiful! And motivating - I have one in almost the same place that I keep thinking about getting reworked.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Thank you. It's not like I want to be this heavily tattooed person. But a couple years ago I got a large tattoo on my leg and I get a lot of nice comments about it, mostly because it's about the Pacific Crest Trail, not really because of the tattoo. But it made me see that having a good tattoo makes your life more interesting. So rather than continue on with a bad tattoo on my shoulder I thought I would change it. I am looking forward to festival season here in Santa Barbara. I'm going to have to buy a bunch of new tank tops that don't cover up Squeaky. And I'm going to have to learn how to wear sunblock more consistently.

If I am ever in New York I might decide to get covered in birds, butterflies and flowers by Virginia Elwood. Or if I'm ever in London, Valeria Vargas can put a big girl head on me. But otherwise, this is plenty of a tattoo for me.

On the fitness front I think that doing 75 reps of squats, basically squats until you die, is good for positive body comp changes. That and not consuming wine and chocolate.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Now that it's day, here is a better picture. You can see my awesome new back muscles a little bit, too.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    wow that is nice. you have no reddening around it from all the tattoo scratching either which is good. means it will heal well. i can see the back muscles too and is it the delts? i love having back muscles. i googled Valeria Vargas as she is way after my time i spent in London. There is some beautiful work out there for sure. This is cool the way she has done the bird over the shoulder
    http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...c683de97/l.jpg

Yeah, my back muscles are awesome. A deep crevice for my spine, those bulges under my underarms (I really need to learn some anatomy) and my shoulders going up to my neck and around the ball of my shoulder. Various other stuff that moves around my shoulder blades. All that wasn't there before.

The tattooist used this special needle for shading and coloring that made no noise and didn't really hurt that much. He said it was new and that it does a lot less damage to the skin making for way better results.

Virginia Elwood makes nice birds and flowers, too. Maybe I will make a trip to New York someday.
    Bird Tattoos | Tattoos by Virginia Elwood

They are nice. I used to have a tattoo on my foot. a skull and cross bones way way before kelly osbourne had hers. i had it removed 19 odd years ago but it was done by shotsie gorman and he is good. i had it removed coz it was there not coz it was bad back in the day when it wasnt socially acceptable for women to have tattoos. here's one he did of some parrots.

http://www.shotsiesoulsigning.com/ta...io/patball.jpg

i am getting the strength training anatomy book when i get paid next so i will be able to talk muscles!

Nice parrots! Maybe Ken can fix my ankle bracelet, too. Ouch, my shirt stuck to my back in my sleep and it really hurt trying to take it off this morning. Trying to decide if I should just take a walk today or go into the gym for some million rep goblet squats.

LOL i cant walk right now as i have a sprained ankle so i have to go to the gym to do upper body. go for a walk for me and enjoy it!!

Yesterday I did 75 reps of goblet squats with a 45lb dumbbell. Big mistake. These gave me a massive headache. The dumbbell was so heavy I had to stop and rest during my sets of 25. I woke up with sore arms this morning.

I attempted to re-do my 77.5lb bench press but I did worse than the first attempt.
    Bench:
    77.5 x 2, 2, 2, 1
    70 x 2
    45 x 15 - This gave me another massive headache.

The goblet squats also left me feeling really sore in the back so I went for lighter deadlifts with more reps.
    Deadlift:
    110 x 5, 5, 5

I feel lost in the wilderness.

I went for a hike today. I took some ibuprofen in the morning before I went. I had no pain at all all day even though the hike lasted until 5pm and was really difficult with rock climbing and bushwhacking. Man those 25-rep squats have had an excellent conditioning effect, too. It was all up hill on the way back. Uphill? What up hill? I have hope for a great recovery.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast