Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss ASAP page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

Weight Loss ASAP

Shop Now
    I need to drop 10lbs ASAP. It's an emergency. Basically, I moved to a new country and have been eating too much (all be it mostly primal). I didn't realize it was happening and then here we are. Really, I haven't been going crazy with anything, but wow, the lb's are packed on. I've been lifting and running, as normal.

Don't criticize me for being vain. Just respond if you have decent advice.

Every time I cut out all carbs, I totally crave them and go overboard. And I really struggle maintaining a fruit/starch free life- and then when I do add them back in, I regain. I'm not sure if the fruit/starch pack it on for me- but when I don't eat them, I find myself NEEDING for spoonfuls of butter.

I do have some low blood sugar issues if I don't get enough protien/fat, but I'm not diabetic or insulin resistant (according to blood test)

I am decent at maintaing weight, but TERRIBLE at loosing it.

Should I try this potato diet some of you speak of?

I'd appreciate some good sound advice.

TX!

boomingno is offline Member
    I'd say try the potato diet... I can't vouch for it personally, but from reading the threads it seemed like many people had success with it.

I don't think a little vanity hurts, but I'd be wary of how quickly you want the soon in 'ASAP' to arrive. I think people were doing the potato diet for 2 weeks+.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Just boss your body around. That'll fix everything.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Timthetaco Guest
    I'm confused, is this country going to kick you out for being too fat? Did you move to Japan?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I'm confused, is this country going to kick you out for being too fat? Did you move to Japan?
    It's not an emergency, it's just a foolish person.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If it's an emergency: eat one pound of very lean meat or fish per day and raw and cooked fibrous vegetables ad libitum. Take fish-oil and multivitamin. Nothing else execept black coffee, tea, Diet-Coke and plenty of water! Very easy diet to follow if you are in a hurry...

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Diet coke?

Not sure if serious?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Diet coke? I think even conventional research shows diet drinks help people to gain weight.

Don't think weight loss can ever happen ASAP but you might try counting calories and looking at your macros and seeing how they look. Then tinker down from there. Anytime you do a fad diet you may lose weight but at the expense of your muscle and you'll gain it right back.. Better off looking at what you are consuming and cut back and increase your daily activity.

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious what ASAP means too. About the best you could hope for if you want to lose 10 lbs of fat is to be very strict in what you eat for 5-6 weeks. I like the recommendations of 1 lb of lean meat a day plus unlimited veggies but I'd consider more meat if you are a muscular person. Muscle takes a long time to build so don't let your body eat it! The scariest thing about rapid weight loss for me would be losing any of this muscle I worked so hard to build.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    If it's an emergency: eat one pound of very lean meat or fish per day and raw and cooked fibrous vegetables ad libitum. Take fish-oil and multivitamin. Nothing else execept black coffee, tea, Diet-Coke and plenty of water! Very easy diet to follow if you are in a hurry...
    Dude, come on now... Fish oil? I can forgive your diet coke recommendation, but you're crossing the line here.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast