Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss ASAP page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Diet-Coke!!! Stop obsessing about irrelevant details and focus on what really matter. There are no scientific studies whatsoever on Diet-Coke or Aspartame that say it can be harmful to humans, it may even be healthier than water...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Dude, come on now... Fish oil? I can forgive your diet coke recommendation, but you're crossing the line here.
    Fish-oil is one of the very few supplements that is proven to really works for weightloss and bodyrecomposition...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Fish oil is toxic man

The Great Fish Oil Experiment
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Everybody: eat sardines and shut the fuck up.

Actually, shut the fuck up and eat sardines.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Fish oil is toxic man

The Great Fish Oil Experiment
    No it's not! It's only those usual internet conspiracy nerds that either don't know to separate useful relevant information from rubbish, or have some agenda against whatever product known to man...

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    I'm curious what ASAP means too. About the best you could hope for if you want to lose 10 lbs of fat is to be very strict in what you eat for 5-6 weeks. I like the recommendations of 1 lb of lean meat a day plus unlimited veggies but I'd consider more meat if you are a muscular person. Muscle takes a long time to build so don't let your body eat it! The scariest thing about rapid weight loss for me would be losing any of this muscle I worked so hard to build.
    10lb's in 6 weeks would be rad. The only other time I ever lost weight was when I cleaned my diet up about 8 years ago and slowly lost about 10-15lbs over the course of a year of so. Or after I delivered my two kids and stopped breastfeeding. So, I've never had success with tightening up the macros/counting calories/carbs whatever and loosing a pound or two a week.

Just curious how one goes about it. And if I don't loose it, yes they may just kick me out of the country AND cut off my toes.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Since you've been eating primal, I'd vote for trying the potato thing just in the interest of shaking things up. I tried it for 8 days in November, and although it didn't seem to be doing much right away weight-wise (hard to tell, as my scale died on day 3), I have since broken a major (6-mo) stall/creeping regain and am down another 22 lb after resuming LCHF Primal. I'm now looking to implement periodic potato "refeeds" and random higher-starch days as a useful tool.

Now, if you want to switch that up with something like Gorbag's suggestion, you'd essentially be doing Stillman Quick Weight Loss or Lyle McDonald's protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF)...which have a reputation of being effective, but you may feel like total crap (watch your electrolytes!) and these low-carb/low-fat plans are very hard to stick to for long.
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post

I <3 Iniquity.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post

Do that with a liter of Diet Coke and you can re-eat them all afternoon via burps.

I suggest a generous amount of fresh ground pepper so that they are spicy!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

PrimalCon New York
    Sardines are a great combo of healthy fish oil and proteins and I use it almost daily myself. Very convenient making a "sardine-pasta" that can be used in soups and sauces etc, and no need for extra supplementing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast