I've not been doing very well at avoiding grains in the last month or so. In fact, I've not really avoided them at all. I've even made a couple of pasta based meals and ate them, plus bread, crackers, cookies and Stollen (German Christmas bread). Yesterday I started into a head cold, my first in several years. So, congested and miserable, I took some cold medication and slept flat on my back with extra pillows to try and breath clearly enough for sleep. I slept the deep sleep of the drugged until 4:30 a.m., when I woke to notice that hubby was not in the bed. Normal enough - he often gets up to check emails from his business dealings with China in the middle of the night.

But when I came downstairs this morning, he told me that he had slept in the basement because I was "too stinky" - his exact words. Said I was farting all night! I had figured he had fled because I might have been snoring because of the congestion, but this!!

So, that's the last straw. I'm swearing off of all gluten grains from this point onwards. I've always known that they caused me gas problems, but I've never driven poor hubby out of bed before. So I'm turning over a new leaf this morning. Only rice, potatoes and whatever paleo baking I get up to.