Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gassiness drove hubby out of bed!! page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You know... I can't help but think that if this were a potato there would be a whole crowd in there telling you that you just needed to get your gut straight with some probiotics.
    Bunch of bosh.

Funniest thread title in ages anyway.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If it took a month or two for this to happen, maybe instead of having grains on a regular basis, you can treat yourself to them once in awhile. I recently treated myself to a big old po'boy and waited for the inevitable gas. A little, but nothing more than I get when I eat brussel sprouts. A few months ago however, I had a three day party with some friends and ate pizza, pasta, etc., and drank much beer. I woke up on day four feeling pretty yucky and it wasn't a hangover.

So maybe grain sensitivities are more like allergies than are positive stressors. IOW, instead of getting more immune from the exposure, we get less immune. Just a guess.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Same reaction in the past life when eating grains. It really ramped up when pregnant with my first, but not at all with the next 3. Bizarrely, the eldest had the normal reaction to eating grains (no allergic response) but my 3 youngest were all allergic (2 failed to thrive, one had a burnt out bum from her wees and poops).

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    pre-primal, i once cleared out a packed, rush hour bus! the hang time of the stink was at least 4-5 more stops. the bus driver kept looking in his rear-view mirror. soooooo embarrassing .....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    pre-primal, i once cleared out a packed, rush hour bus! the hang time of the stink was at least 4-5 more stops. the bus driver kept looking in his rear-view mirror. soooooo embarrassing .....
    That is when you also get off the bus, just to keep them all confused and wondering...! Take the next one around.

The OP will probably not like me for bringing up gross fart stories, but have you ever walked into an invisible gaseous anomaly in an empty grocery store aisle?!?! Blaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

My old man used to do this for sport - fart and run - and kinda stay within line-of-sight at the end of the aisles to watch the reaction of unsuspecting shoppers. Yeah, he never really had it going on in the classy person genre.

But I understand. My daughter, who is now grain-free I might add, used to have farts that hung in the air like ground fog. Their staying power was tremendous. No more grains, no more toots. Moms are supposed to be able to handle their own kids stink, but she made me do the gag-ola a couple of times.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-24-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If it took a month or two for this to happen, maybe instead of having grains on a regular basis, you can treat yourself to them once in awhile. I recently treated myself to a big old po'boy and waited for the inevitable gas. A little, but nothing more than I get when I eat brussel sprouts. A few months ago however, I had a three day party with some friends and ate pizza, pasta, etc., and drank much beer. I woke up on day four feeling pretty yucky and it wasn't a hangover.

So maybe grain sensitivities are more like allergies than are positive stressors. IOW, instead of getting more immune from the exposure, we get less immune. Just a guess.
    I think you are right. It's not just one of something that gives me problems, it builds back up over time. But last night, after 1 day totally grain-free (in fact I ate very little, thanks to having no appetite from this cold), I was totally gas-free last evening and I assume into the night (I was sleeping the death-sleep of the happily drugged.). And, incidentally, my weight dropped about 3.5 lbs overnight, so the bloat is gone as well.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Marthat, mine (from the party) went away pretty quickly also. Glad to hear your body was able to regroup so quickly.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    OH DEAR GOD!!!! (I think I just peed my pants... )

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    That is when you also get off the bus, just to keep them all confused and wondering...! Take the next one around.

The OP will probably not like me for bringing up gross fart stories, but have you ever walked into an invisible gaseous anomaly in an empty grocery store aisle?!?! Blaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

My old man used to do this for sport - fart and run - and kinda stay within line-of-sight at the end of the aisles to watch the reaction of unsuspecting shoppers. Yeah, he never really had it going on in the classy person genre.

But I understand. My daughter, who is now grain-free I might add, used to have farts that hung in the air like ground fog. Their staying power was tremendous. No more grains, no more toots. Moms are supposed to be able to handle their own kids stink, but she made me do the gag-ola a couple of times.
    Not to belabour this BUTT, ever swam in a Master's Swim Club --- and get stuck swimming behind someone in a lane who was full of gas? It's hard to describe but it's similar to eating someone's farts -- seriously -- worst thing ever!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not to belabour this BUTT, ever swam in a Master's Swim Club --- and get stuck swimming behind someone in a lane who was full of gas? It's hard to describe but it's similar to eating someone's farts -- seriously -- worst thing ever!
    Laughing SO hard the kids are asking what is up from the other room!!! Wipes tears from eyes...

Not nearly as good as yours, BUTT how about this... Walking up the stairs, and each and every step you take, even though your cheeks are clenched so tight that you can barely get the leg up the next tread, it goes pfftbrrrt, pfftbrrrt, pfftbrrrt...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast