Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exercise for Couch Potatoes page 2

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered one - different from yours - and it has already shipped! I can't wait!!! Thank you so much for changing my life and adding to the joy of my "play" time.

suzibren is offline Junior Member
    So glad I could help you make a decision - by the way, I always bounce barefoot - some people wear sneakers, but I think barefoot is better - whatever makes you smile is the way to go. Have fun with it and watch your health improve as well as your mood!! God Bless.
    LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO FOLD YOUR UNDERWEAR

I fully intend to bounce barefoot!

Go for it !!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    I've been researching rebounding a bit, but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone know of anybody who talks about the benefits of rebounding to the lymphatic system (if that's the right way to say it) beyond those with a vested interest in it? I mostly see sites that are either trying to sell, or are linked to those who are trying to sell trampolines.

Hi Allbeef - Try Hippocrates Health Institute and Spa in West Palm Beach Florida. They have a site. It's a raw food, organic lifestyle with all kinds of therapies including lymphatic massage (I've been there and had it done ). I'm sure you'll get some objective information from them on the benefits of rebounding for the purpose of pumping lymphatic fluid and keeping it circulating. They have several pieces of equipment in their gym which serve to help lymphatic drainage. They use rebounders as part of their physical therapy workouts and aerobics classes, etc. Their toll free number is (800) 842-2125. They do not sell their rebounders or any other equipment used at the spa. I wanted to buy one of theirs and was turned down. So I went directly to the manufacturer in California. Smartest move I ever made. Good luck. I had seen a few articles on the benefits of rebounding which were not from vendors or self-serving companies. Keep looking and you'll become well-informed. If you call them, ask for Yvonne - she gives the classes which include Pilates and the rebounders. She is knowledgeable and will be glad to educate you - and she has no ulterior motives. Trust me. Be blessed.....Suzi

Thanks, Suzi!

Also, I have found several summaries from the Journal of Applied Physiology wherein NASA comments on the benefits of trampoline rebounding. Here is the link to the abstract of that article: http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/49/5/881

Quote Originally Posted by Allbeef Patty View Post
    Thanks, Suzi!
    Oh, and by the way, if this doesn't convince you that rebounding has positive affects on the immune system, nothing will. A letter from my oncologist to my health insurance company got them to pay for my top-of-the-line rebounder ! When was the last time you heard of that happening?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    An insurance company paying! That is impressive! I just had to pay for my own calcium CT scan, and I'm probably going to be paying for my own VAP test at my next appointment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast