Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 46

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I found this thread and looked into the Simple Fit website. Its exactly what I was looking for, simple and progressive. I will try it for a couple of months to see how my body responds. Started yesterday at Day 1 Level 5 - 3 Strict full extension pullups, 5 pushups and 8 squats and did 27 sets in the required 20 minutes. Looking forward to seeing how days 2 & 3 feel.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think that makes an absolutely perfect travelling workout. Printing out the routine to take along. Simple, fast, no equipment.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-28-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I think that makes an absolutely perfect travelling workout. Printing out the routine to take along. Simple, fast, no equipment.
    Absolutely ... Have a great trip to Cuba!

bigbadrobbo is offline Junior Member
    I've started this today after doing Mark's Pullup, Pressup, Squats and Plank exercises all last year. I like that this one has variety over the weeks. A slow start - but I'll get there!

cjsamuels is offline Junior Member
    Did Level 1 - Day 1 tonight. I'm 6'4 - 220ish and managed 16 rounds.

I did the pull ups with 1 leg on a stool (I did let my foot go and had full body weight on the way down).
    Did all pushups normal and all squats normal.

We all have to start somewhere, right? I'll keep my progress posted after a few weeks.

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks cori93437 for suggesting this thread to me. Awesome! I will start with the entry level in a few hours I want to have a nice a smooth tone and this looks good and simple.
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey

How is everyone getting on with this?

I moved away from it one stage to pursue some other goals (that wouldnt overlap). I have recently spent a couple of weeks pottering because I sustained a Coracoid Process injury (part of the shoulder from which tendons/ligaments attach to everything in the area) as well as a niggle to the Brachial Process (runs from shoulder to thumb - which was why I was feeling some tightness in my forearm).

This means I cant do pressups with elbows flared outwards without discomfort in my lat (not the source of the problem). The same goes for pullups. Now I have essentially done nothing on the area for the last two weeks having had a complete week off pushups and pullups and the second week did some light rows with elbows tucked in which doesnt hurt at all. It could take weeks to go away so I have to work around it.

My idea is to do these workouts twice a week, with the third session being on day 1 of week 2 etc etc. I am hoping to use either narrow pushups (shoulder width hand placement with elbows tucked into sides), or Diamond Pushups.

With regards Pullups i am thinking of using narrow hand placement palms facing.

I might also do alternate split squats instead of squats.

I dont want to change the layout. I am just thinking of sensible ways to work around a couple of niggles. Two sessions a week instead of three will slow down progress but im being sensible and am happy to do this.

Thoughts??

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 02-08-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546