Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 43

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do the simple fit stuff every other week (on off weeks I do 3 alternative workouts). I enjoy it! I finally got a band for assitance and can do assisted chin ups, so I am starting over at Level 1 (doing real pushups as well!).

I like it- the Day 1 never fails to leave me sore and the other 2 workouts are kind of short and sweet, but with the speed factor are a good cardio workout as well. I like that the moves are basic and you repeat them a lot- so can really work on form. I find simple for me is more effective, because with more complex moves, I get confused and don't do them correctly (I have a book from Womens Health and they have 15 minute work outs- but all the moves are compound- like a lunge with an ab twist and bicep curl). I am never sore after those. And something about the Primal Fitness routine bored me. I think the time challenges with Simple Fit are motivating for me.

Neilfenstein is offline Member
    Hey Magnolia1973,

How is the every other week working out? What do you do on your off week?

I stopped SimpleFit a while ago and I am currently working through "You are your own gym" (YAYOG) which I like for the extra/diverse exercises. I found I was having to sacrifice form to progress at levels 4/5 on SimpleFit and something felt wrong about that with me. However I did like the kick ass level the work out took those simple set of exercises. So I may once completing the first cycle of YAYOG try alternating YAYOG and SimpleFit.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I got to level 4 before my elbow tendonitis started barking at me. I've had to dial it back to make sure I'm healthy for my warrior dash in a couple of weeks... I'm definitely coming back to this, but it's PBF for now.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing SimpleFit for a few weeks now and I love it. I'm on L2. I don't know if I'm getting as much benefit as possible as I'm not strong enough for pull-ups, so I'm doing Australian pull ups. But even those are super hard and I can barely pull myself up a few inches. I've decided to just stick with level 2 until the Australian pull ups improve a bit. On the other hand, my push ups have shown amazing progress - I can do 10 real push ups without stopping and every time they feel easier. I filmed myself doing them and my form was perfect It's amazing how tough SimpleFit is on the core muscles especially. After I'm done with Day 1, my core is always super sore for the next 2-3 days.

mrmono1 is offline Junior Member
    Im on L2, looking to progress to finally get to L4

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    This is perfect for what I'm looking for! I wanna do crossfit but am nowhere near able to afford it or able to do the exercises. So I can do this until I am more fit and can then go do a month of crossfit to get the proper form and then have an at-home gym type place should I want. Between this and the idea of MovNat I'll be set! If I can't hold myself up on a pull-up bar would an active shoulder hang work until I work up to a deadhang? (Basically working on the back muscles necessary until I can engage the arm muscles as well).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    There was a guest post on the blog about this very thing.
    The Importance of Pull-up Bar Training
    It has good advice on progressions.

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member
    Good advice is if you can't do pullups, and you are at one of the gyms that doesn't have a Gravitron you can use the Latpulldown machine to build up some of the muscles involved.

PrimalPotter is offline Senior Member
    LOL "Girl" pull ups. I was walking through a park the other day. Stopped into the kid's play area & checked out their jungle gym. I can't do a pull up, but I did some body rows. Didn't even know that's what they're called! Someday. Someday I'll be able to do a pull up. Maybe more than one!

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast