Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 42

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Completed l1 d2 with a 20 lb vest... Then proceeded to cut two fingers cooking last night. 6 stitches total. No pullups for a week or so. Easy week after all.

RayR22 is offline Junior Member
    SO on Day Three, you have to complete 10 pullups before moving on to pushups??? Thanks!
    And you really didnt do any weight training to get those arms and chest?

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Do all the pull-ups, then all the push-ups, then all the squats.

The last time I lifted weights was 1996, but we're all built differently. I have always been somewhat stocky.

Checking In

Since it has been a while, I thought I'd post some updated pictures. In the last year I have had surgery to repair an umbilical hernia and I also broke my ankle. Needless to say, the number of workouts I have managed is down. That said, I have been doing SF steadily since Christmas. I started back on Level 4 and am now on Level 6. I am using better form for all exercises and, I think, am benefiting in terms of strength.

(click images to enlarge)

On the other hand, I am not thrilled about how thick and heavy I look these days.

You actually look great, and I am sure you will get where you wanna get if you just keep working.
    My question for you, and this may come off rude and I really dont want it too... How come you are the only person that used SimpleFit THIS successfully? You got lean and have a good amount of muscle, and I havent seen any other great transformations. NOT THAT IT DOESNT WORK, I did it monday on L2D1, and did 28 rounds and was fried and I am a strength coach that has trained for YEARS. I love the simplicity. ANywho, thanks, and keep it up! I love the progress pics.

Good question!

There are a few guys (1, 2—that's the first guy in the picture above) who have done really well with SimpleFit, but they seem to have moved on. (The 2nd guy runs a CrossFit affiliate now.)

Thanks... My guess is: with our ADD society, people get tired of the basics, which is partly why we are weaker and fatter than ever in my opinion. Master the basics, and the rest is easy.

gcbcb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayR22 View Post
    You actually look great, and I am sure you will get where you wanna get if you just keep working.
    My question for you, and this may come off rude and I really dont want it too... How come you are the only person that used SimpleFit THIS successfully? You got lean and have a good amount of muscle, and I havent seen any other great transformations. NOT THAT IT DOESNT WORK, I did it monday on L2D1, and did 28 rounds and was fried and I am a strength coach that has trained for YEARS. I love the simplicity. ANywho, thanks, and keep it up! I love the progress pics.
    I've been doing it since mid December, and I've seen excellent results. I started on level 2. Now I'm on level 6 and have been for a couple weeks, but I'm still increasing my day 1 reps and decreasing my day 3 times. I'm skeptical that I'll ever be able to do level 8 day three, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by gcbcb View Post
    I've been doing it since mid December, and I've seen excellent results. I started on level 2. Now I'm on level 6 and have been for a couple weeks, but I'm still increasing my day 1 reps and decreasing my day 3 times. I'm skeptical that I'll ever be able to do level 8 day three, but who knows?
    GREAT TO HEAR gcbcb... how much weight have you lost? or do you have before and after pics or anything? Basically how are you doing in relation to your goals? THANKS! Keep it up! I am doing it too.

NathanC2 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for introducing this workout to me! Did you perform additional conditioning exercises throughout the course of this program? I was thinking of adding 1-2x burpee sessions a week (Bodybuilding.com - Burpee Conditioning - No More Nonsense!), or possibly doing 1-2x kettlebell sessions a week (Enter the Kettlebell by Pavel).

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast