Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 37

Sean_OToole is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Nice job, Mike. Sounds like you're crushing these workouts. I was pretty chuffed with myself knocking off level five, but your right there nipping and my heels and you're twice my size!*

*And I don't mean this in a bad way. I'm just saying that I think all the body weight exercises involved in simple fit favors the smaller fellow.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    thanks sean. i have made quite a bit of progress since my level 1 day 1 workout. i literally thought i was gonna die that first day haha

and yeah i get what you are saying for sure, smaller folks have a definite advantage doing bodyweight exercises. my hope is once i lose a bunch more weight i should really be good at this stuff. ive noticed a huge difference in my strength in just the 8 weeks ive been doing simplefit, definitely a believer

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting these! I've added the link to my bookmark list and will definitely be trying these -- especially for variety!
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    Another person adding their heartfelt thanks, great thread. I will be starting Lvl 1 Monday, in the meantime will be looking into substitutions for the pullups, I imagine it will be a little while before I will be able to tackle them properly.

Again, thank you Cheapo and everyone else who has contributed with their questions and feedback.

Edited to add: pullup substitutions already found...body rows / have done them in the past (just didn't realise what they were called) and my gym has an an assisted pullup piece of equipment.

Two goals now, to work through the levels and progress to proper pullups.
    Last edited by kkarrolle; 11-11-2011 at 04:28 AM.

sonny3 is offline Junior Member
    Does anybody know what happened to the simplefit web site? I have tried all of my bookmarks and various other links to the site and it just doesn't come up. Even tried the links that are throughout this thread and none of them seem to work.

I am trying to get a copy of all of the levels of the program.

Sonny

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Faeth4cu is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, THANK you for posting this. I have been dithering about trying to figure out my gym routine, waiting for Mark's program to come out, or ordering P90X- particularly with space constraints, I think I am going to have to give this a try.

sonny3 is offline Junior Member
    Patrick, thanks for posting the link. I swear that I tried going to simplefit.org a dozen times and nothing would come up. I appreciate your response.

Sonny

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    i was having trouble with the site last few days as well. seems its working now though
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

darthgall is offline Junior Member
    Anyone try mixing this with Primal Blueprint Fitness?

I'm trying to jam them together... as an example, I'm on level 5 of raw simplefit.
    This morning I did L52, the strength day, and for each circuit I added the overhead press (same reps as pullups) and planks (5 seconds per level... I know that sounds weak, clearly I need to do more core strenghthening)...

How would this work on Judgment Day? Add in overhead press (same reps as pullups) and planks and add 2 minutes to the time limit, trying to get it all done in 7 minutes instead of 5?

Thoughts? Input?

My favorite part of simplefit is that it has a strength focused day, and a aerobic focused day, base on the same workout, just by adjusting the rep/set scheme... that's what I want to preserve as I add in some more movements.

Mick.

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast