Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 36

ruthevans41 is offline Junior Member
    I have recently started and I am so impatient to see results. Its amazing to see the change in physique people have, I really liked how it has turned out for cheepo. He looks like Jason Statham.

crogagnon is offline Member
    This is exactly what I was looking for right now. Thanks for sharing.

Chanteuse is offline Member

For accountability!

I have been eating Primally for about seven months now -- and after the Halloween weekend, where I allowed myself to absolutely binge on my favorite treats -- I am getting back on the wagon. While it's always been easy for me to follow the dietary parts of Primal living, exercise is another story!

Which is why I was so happy to stumble on this thread. This is SO easy I have absolutely no valid reasons to not do it. So I started Day 1 today, at Level 1, doing body rows and knee-pushups. Got to 25 reps in 20 minutes, which is pretty sorry, I think! At any rate, I think the body rows as opposed to jump pull-ups will really help me gain strength, and I can't wait until my quads are strong enough that my knee doesn't make that sickening crackle when I squat

Anyway, I'm going to be posting here at least weekly, in order to keep myself on track. Here's to getting on the wagon -- and staying there!!!

LynM is offline Junior Member
    I don't have a way to do pull-ups so what else could I do instead? I have Resistance Bands and weights and a Gym Ball

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    started SF yesterday after reading this thread -

Thanks Cheapo for putting all the info here - and everyone else for posting

Started at the bottom

L1D1 - 30 rounds in 20 min with very little rest, pullups / chinups with assistance (band), pushups were all 'dude pushups' Woo Hoo!...squats, I love squats - by far the easiest part of the work out.

looking forward to wednesday's workout!
    pbj
    Last edited by pbj; 11-01-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    On my second week of level 4, first and second week I did 24 rounds on day 1, day 2 I did in 6'04" the first time and 5'41" the second time. Knocked 23 seconds off! Tomorrow I will do day 3 again hope to better my 6'01" time from last week. Fwiw I am doing Australian pullups (BODY ROWS) for subs 3:1 so I am doing a crapload of those things in that time. I am still to heavy or not strong enough to do real pullups but I can do about half way and I can now do negatives and at 340lbs that's huge
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    Thanks for posting! Have been thinking of P90X as well but the cost is prohibitive.

Printing out now. Thanks to you and DCKMB, I should be busy.

And wonderful changes!

P90x would put a lot of people into "Chronic Cardio." It's good program, but not very sustainable, and not very primal. If you buy it, use the workouts sparsely once or twice a week instead of following the schedule.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone working on a Simple Fit app?

I'd pay!

Chanteuse is offline Member
    All right, just finished L1D3, using 3 body rows to sub for 1 pull up, and doing knee pushups because I am weak I did the round in 3:32, so I think I'll move up a level next week. I'm hoping to get to level 4 comfortably, and then turn back around and start level 1 again with no substitutions. All in all I think it's been a successful week!

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i did L4D3 in 4'56" knocked over a minute off of last weeks time. the form on my last 10 pushups was a little questionable so im going to do level 4 again next week just to correct that but other then that i think its pretty impressive
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast