Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmpitre View Post
    Cheapo,

What level are you on and are you still on beginner, intermediate, or advanced?

The Level 8 on Beginner Day 3 (50 pull ups, 100 push ups and 100 squats in 5 minutes or less) looks very tough.
    I don't know how you do it.
    My best time on Level 8 Day 3 is 8:04. That's how I do it!

But it has been months since I've done that workout. Also, to beat Level 7 and achieve that time for L8D3, I had to compromise form. Pull-ups were not dead hang or even to full extension. Push-ups didn't have full range of motion either. Since then, I have been mixing things up and creating my own bodyweight workouts and keeping the best form and ROM I can. I have yet to omit pull-ups, but I have been doing pistols, hollow rocks, various modified push-ups, etc.

Making up my own workouts is fun and exciting, but I will come back to SimpleFit from time to time, to make sure I am maintaining my conditioning.
    Last edited by cheapo; 09-01-2011 at 08:13 PM.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fbones24 View Post
    Is there a rational, productive way to incorporate the simple fit into a weight training program without all together abandoning the weights. I'm sure I could figure something out, but was curious if anyone has come up with something and had success.
    When I was starting simplefit, I was also practicing lots of vinyasa flow yoga and wanted to do an LHT workout only 2x a week. Cheapo recommended just doing it on a rotation--Day 1 and Day 2 the first week, Day 3 and Day 1 the next week, Day 2 and Day 3 the following week, then repeating the cycle. You could always try something like that in addition to regularly going to the gym. (Say lifting at the gym 1-2x a week plus 2 simplefit workouts depending on how it felt for you.) It would probably take a bit more creativity to incorporate the weights in--I'd think lowering reps might be an important part of that...

Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    My best time on Level 8 Day 3 is 8:04. That's how I do it!

But it has been months since I've done that workout. Also, to beat Level 7 and achieve that time for L8D3, I had to compromise form. Pull-ups were not dead hang or even to full extension. Push-ups didn't have full range of motion either. Since then, I have been mixing things up and creating my own bodyweight workouts and keeping the best form and ROM I can. I have yet to omit pull-ups, but I have been doing pistols, hollow rocks, various modified push-ups, etc.

Making up my own workouts is fun and exciting, but I will come back to SimpleFit from time to time, to make sure I am maintaining my conditioning.
    Thanks for the update cheapo! It's great to read how you're doing! Have you checked out the gymnastic bodies site or Al Kavadlo's list of bodyweight skills? Looks like they are right up your (bodyweight) alley as you continue advancing with everything!!

ETA: Looking into hollow rocks I found this resource which seems super cool! http://gymnasticswod.com/ So glad you mentioned it! I love finding new sites to inspire me!!
    Last edited by FairyRae; 09-04-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Revend is offline Junior Member
    It is a wonderful post with full of information. Thanks for sharing such a useful and precious information about exercise for fitness. Everyone should be aware with it. Keep posting.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    yesterday i did day 3. ive found so far day 1 was really hard but day 2 and 3 not so much. however it gave me a chance to add in other exercises on those days that really put together a good exercise program. i actually did my hill sprints and some other hill climbing work on day 2 and i did sled pulls on day 3
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    week # 2 simplefit

L2D1 23 rounds!!!

huge improvement over last week
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

priller is offline Junior Member
    Hey cheapo, thanks for the link to the site. I hurt my back a little bit last week doing dead lifts (been doing the 5x5 StrongLifts thing) so I thought I would switch to your bodyweight exercises for a while.

Did level 1, day 1 today. 50 rounds in 20 minutes! Not bad for 50 yr old man with a sore back. Pull-ups were by far the hardest part. The next two days look pretty easy in comparison. Guess I should have started at a higher level.

Anyway, I like the whole concept. I was looking into going into cross fit but this is much cheaper!

Harp32Wil is offline Junior Member
    LOVE the girl pull ups! LOL

Sean_OToole is offline Member
    Wow. I skimmed through a bit of this thread the other day and was quite intrigued. I don't think I'll make simple fit a regular workout, but I was a bit too short on time to make it to the gym today so I decided to give it a go. I started on day 1 of level 4: 2 pull ups, 4 push ups, and 6 squats. I just did 48 freaking rounds! Hoh man is my ass kicked! My normal workouts are heavy squats, bench, oh press and weighted pull ups, along with sprints, and climbing (gym and rock). I never do anything quite as continuous as this. Moving that hard for 20 minutes straight was kind of a revelation. I'm dripping sweat all over my keyboard here. Awesome!

lymanli43D is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOVE the girl pull ups

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast