Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 25

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Cheapo,

I just bought a pull-up bar today and can't wait to put it to good use. I am tempted to give StrongLifts a break for a bit and do some simple fit to work on my overall body strength and composition.

What was your diet like though? I'm still having a hard time adjusting calories in based on exercise levels. I'll be doing simplefit alongside sprints once a week and at least 5 hours of slow cardio a week. Any thoughts?
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    this will be an interesting adaptation for me, I have to start at level one because my chinups suck (i think I'm at max 3 right now for a straight set), but I can rep out 30 pushups and squat from now till next week with body weight (can't do pistol squats though).
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    ooo, surprisingly sore today (the day after) even though I went easy yesterday. haven't been working out in some time, so I guess it'll take a little while for my body to get back used to it.

yelena is offline Member
    I finally got one of those FlexBand things, so I went and did Level 1 Day 1. Like federkeil, I can squat from now until next week, and I'm not too terrible at pushups, but my chinups are terrrrrrrible. Even with the FlexBand I stopped being able to get all the way to the top of the rep pretty quickly, so for the last few sets I jumped up and let myself down as slowly as I could. 31 rounds.

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    I also did level one, day one lastnight, felt pretty easy, but i am just going to level up slowly, so i can get use to the circuit style....

lvl 1 - day 1 - 36 rounds

5 true chinups, 31 chair assisted, could have maybe put my feet up one step for the pushups and could have added a weight vest for squats

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

this week

level 1

day 1 : 45 rounds (mostly negatives with leg assist up on the chinups)
    day 3 : 4 min (half of it was rest to get through the chinups unassisted)

next week, level 2

Stizzorm is offline Junior Member

Today...

This thread got me to go back to Simplefit. I originally found it by searching for "Bodyweight Exercise Circuits" in 200...7? Anyway, I have just come back from vacation, and have detrained significantly this summer. So, back to it. Having some experience with Simplefit, I know I'm good for L5 or L6, but I started back using L41. I completed 32 rounds in 20 minutes. Having recently seen youtube vids of Navy SEALs training, I was inspired to switch grips and the spacing of my hands and feet depending on the exercise, but I didn't really keep track.

For warmup, I did a few Grok hangs and Grok squats, and they really helped the pullups and squats feel more in-tune. Pushups were a different story, and I think I'll add a top position pushup hold to my warmups.

Just finished level 2 this week, on to level 3 next week.

Question, if I wanted to add plyo work or power cleans when would be the best time?

Jefferson is offline Member
    Simplefit is AWESOME.

I just finished my 5th week yesterday. I am a total exercise novice, having never really done a program of any kind before. I'm still working level one trying to get my pull ups to where I can move up to level two. That being said, when I started five weeks ago I couldn't do a single pull up. Now I'm up to two, sometimes three back to back before I have to switch to an alternative.

Just a note (as it was pointed out to me over at the Simplefit community), if you're doing alternatives to the pull ups (jumping, negatives, inverted rows, etc) then you don't just do one. I made this mistake at first too. If you're going to do an alternative, you're supposed to do three of the alt for every one of the real thing. As they said to me over there, it may slow your times way down, but you'll gain a lot more a lot quicker.

Just for laughs, I jumped on the weight bench today. I haven't touched a barbell since probably May or June. Even without working on the bench, my bench press has improved by at least 40 pounds in 5 weeks. Try Simplefit!

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast