Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 12

Zatt is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Absolutely fantastic results! Keep up the great work.
    “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”
    ~ Henry Rollins

PrimalPhil is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for pointing me to the SimpleFit workout cheapo! It's exactly what I was looking for - a simple home workout, effective, not too time-consuming, plus it keeps you highly motivated with all the fighting against the clock

I started last week and try to stick to a M-W-F routine. Today was day 1 of week 2, level 4, 27 rounds. I alternate chinups and pullups between rounds, and I use different hand positions for the pushups (to work both triceps and chest). I also wear a 10 kg weight vest to make the whole thing more challenging
    So far it seems a bit light on the pullup side, but I'll stick to the plan. Sooner or later it will probably even out. All I can say for now is: day 1 KICKS. MY. ASS. Fortunately it's only 20 minutes

Count me among the cheaple!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    I just finished Day 3 of my first week with SimpleFit. I'm on Level 1. Right now I'm using a light resistance band for pullups and doing knee pushups, because I can barely do one regular pullup and only three real pushups. I completed Level 1, Day 3 in 4:35. What do I do about leveling up? On the SimpleFit website forums, most people are saying not to level up until you can complete day 3 in less than 5 minutes without doing modified pullups and pushups. There's no way I will ever be able to do 10 pullups and then 21 pushups in a row! Am I stuck at Level 1 forever? Is leveling up at these numbers realistic for women?

I'm enthusiastic about the program, but unsure of how to proceed. I hope to be able to ditch my cheats eventually, but Level 2 is a looooong way off.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

cheapo is offline Senior Member

Leveling Up With Substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    What do I do about leveling up? On the SimpleFit website forums, most people are saying not to level up until you can complete day 3 in less than 5 minutes without doing modified pullups and pushups. There's no way I will ever be able to do 10 pullups and then 21 pushups in a row! Am I stuck at Level 1 forever? Is leveling up at these numbers realistic for women?

I'm enthusiastic about the program, but unsure of how to proceed. I hope to be able to ditch my cheats eventually, but Level 2 is a looooong way off.
    First off, just to be clear, you need to do 10 pull-ups and then 21 push-ups, but you can break those sets into as many smaller sets, interspersed with rest periods, as needed. Just remember that on Day 3, rest time is included in your total time.

As to leveling up with substitutions, I answered that (as best I can) earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    I don't have a definite answer to this one, but I have a few ideas.

You could advance yourself using substitutions, perhaps as far as Level 4, then, once you beat Level 4, go back down to Level 1, but this time: no substitutions!

Or, use substitutions on Day 1, but on Day 2 do the workout as prescribed. Don't bother timing Day 2. Take as long as you need. (A lot of SimpleFit adherents do not time Day 2, choosing instead to concentrate on form.) If it's just too many pull-ups, do a few less than prescribed.

I guess, taking this approach, I wouldn't use substitutions on Day 3 either.

The thing with pull-ups is, getting to one is very hard, but once you can do one, you have the tool to add many more. Try this: whenever you pass your pull-up bar (unless you pass it an outrageous number of times in a day), do one. Just one. You'll be surprised what a difference that will make.

Best of luck with the program!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Cheapo! I like the idea of going through Level 4 and then going back to Level 1 with no substitutions. I'll give that a shot.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Someone asked me the same question in the SimpleFit forum and I came up with another alternative:

You could level up using substitutions, but every n weeks, go back to Level 1 and do it without substitutions, just for that week. Keep doing that for a while, then, when you're ready, increase the frequency of weeks at Level 1 (no subs) and decrease the number at the higher level (w/ subs). When you're used to that, change the ratio again. Take as many weeks as you need, but, I would think, after a few months, you'd have abandoned the substitutions.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    So Cheapo, what level are you at? GREAT results, by the way. Congratulations!

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I just thought I'd add that I am now a Cheaple as well - I started last Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    So Cheapo, what level are you at? GREAT results, by the way. Congratulations!
    Level 7.
    I've been there since April of 2010, but that's not the whole story.

I started SF in March, 2008.
    (17 months)
    Worked my way up to Level 7 by June, 2009.
    (4 months)
    But then I got slack and suffered a lack of motivation. So, in October, 2009, I re-started at Level 1.
    (6 months)
    Then, as stated above, worked my way back up to Level 7 by April of this year.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by prib81 View Post
    I just thought I'd add that I am now a Cheaple as well - I started last Monday!
    Sweet! Welcome aboard!

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast