Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 11

Rebekah is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I can't do an unassisted pull-up ... yet!

For now, is it okay to use the pull-up assist machine? Or would inverted rows be more effective?

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    For me, the biggest advantage of SF is that I don't need to go to a gym, but, if for whatever reason, you cannot work out at home or simply prefer a gym, and that gym has a Gravitron, use it! I would say the Gravitron beats* all other methods for working towards real pull-ups. (*Having a spotter boost you by the hips or feet is probably similarly effective.)

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    A warning: anyone who starts SimpleFit as a result of my encouragement becomes one of my people; one of the Cheaple.
    I guess I am now a Cheaple (a Cheap?). I just completed Day 1, Level 1 and did 30 rounds. That's 30 pullups, 60 pushups, and 90 squats! I did girly (knee) pushups, and for pullups I started with my medium JumpFlex resistance band, but just doing one pullup at a time seemed too easy with the medium, so I switched to the light one. That seemed like using nothing after the medium one; it hardly seemed to boost me up. After I finished the 20 minutes, I thought, what the hell, and tried a pullup without a band. And I DID IT! I have never come close to being able to do an unassisted pullup before. I am SO excited!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I have never come close to being able to do an unassisted pullup before. I am SO excited!
    Congratulations! That is one helluva beginning!

Also, if you've managed 30 rounds on Level 1 Day 1, you'll be onto Level 2 very soon.
    Last edited by cheapo; 06-10-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I guess I am now a Cheaple (a Cheap?).
    A Cherson? I dunno.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Who knew you could get results from SimpleFit so fast??
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Sign me up as one of your minons cheapo.

GaTo is offline Member
    I'm so glad i stumbled upon this post.. i've been looking for a good BW focused workout routine for a long time now. I think i found it, im gonna give it a try tomorrow and i'll post my results.

My concern here is the fact that since i'm primal (thus low carb) i'll be trying to use glycogen stores which are simply not there. Any input from others?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    SheGlowsPale ...

http://www.flexbandonline.com/jumpstretch.htm

If you spend some time on the Crossfit Journal you should be able to find some archived articles specifically on the topic. I think I have one on my computer at work so I will check tomorrow and get back to you. Basically, I use the green band for beginners, and when the band becomes too easy, I move them to the purple band, then eventually to body weight. Some times people may even require a combination of the green and purple, then to the green, then to the purple, then body weight.

I used to use simple resistance bands i bought from walmart for like 3 bucks a piece to assist me with pullups

Just Jen is offline Junior Member
    I'm a Simplefit convert as well and just started Day 1 Level 1 yesterday. I've been doing Crossfit for a little over a year (at an affiliate for 9 months, on my own for 5). Love it but I don't think things need to be as complicated as they sometimes are.....I'm still going to use my Oly bar to lift heavy things every once in a while and I"m starting to walk on the alternate days. I'm quite attracted to the little amount of time required for the process.

I totally agree that the Simplefit exercises are a full body routine. If you're doing them correctly, you'll feel it just about everywhere.

I'm also going to start considering my Saturday night hockey games as "sprints"....lol......overall, it's a relatively low key exercise schedule but one I can definitely live with long term.

So, thanks to Cheapo for the referral!!!

Stevo is offline Member
    I suppose I'm a "Cheaple" then.

To add a bit more variety, I've added Kettlebell exercises to my Simplefit routine. I still prescribe to the same basic philosophy of Simplefit though:

Day 1 - Endurance
    Day 2 - Strength
    Day 3 - Judgment

(I really like this setup)

My problem so far has been the "Endurance Days"... those kick my butt.

That's the only strength training that I do... other than that I do martial arts 4 - 5 days per week and also started to add rope workouts (for cardio) once or twice a week.

/Stevo

PS - Did I mention I like simplefit? I'm still looking forward to the Primal Fitness book though.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast